Value of: Pavel Zacha

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Contrary to popular opinion on this site, draft picks aren't made solely based on box score stats. It was his first season in North America and he was plagued by injuries, but anyone who watched him could see the size and skill there. Even now, size and skill isn't even the problem, but he's a very passive player who isn't engaged in the offensive zone enough.
This was also evident in junior, which is why so many people were against picking him.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Zacha is a complete bust right now. A good part of it is the complete incompetence of the Devils organization to develop young players. Zacha should have played at least 2 full years in the AHL. He should be in the AHL now and play the rest of the season there. The Devils seem to have this idiotic philosophy of not playing their prospects in the AHL. You would have thought they would have learned something.
Jesper Bratt, Miles Wood, Damon Severson, and Will Butcher are recent examples who have turned out just fine. Keep trying though

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Jesper Bratt, Miles Wood, Damon Severson, and Will Butcher are recent examples who have turned out just fine. Keep trying though

Yeah Devils did tons of developing of Butcher and Bratt in the week between bringing them in and having them start producing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zacha is a complete bust right now. A good part of it is the complete incompetence of the Devils organization to develop young players. Zacha should have played at least 2 full years in the AHL. He should be in the AHL now and play the rest of the season there. The Devils seem to have this idiotic philosophy of not playing their prospects in the AHL. You would have thought they would have learned something.

A) he wasn't eligible for the AHL
B) the Devils were 2nd in the NHL behind Boston (I believe) last year in rookie scoring. This "Devils can't develop young players" crap is nonsense.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Yeah Devils did tons of developing of Butcher and Bratt in the week between bringing them in and having them start producing.
Umm the Devils clearly had a plan with Butcher by playing him third pair mins with PP1 and hes grown into it beautifully.

Bratt looked a different player in the preseason. Im guessing the Devils had a hand in that

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
My thought exactly.
People get hung up on where he was drafted.
Hell, most 1st rounders arent top-6/top-4 NHLers
Man I'm sorry, but a top-6 pick that develops into nothing more than a 3rd line roleplayer center is a disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad