Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I was there.

Can't take too much from this one game. Russia has a brutal travel and game schedule and it showed in this game. Personally, I am waiting for Monday night's game in Oshawa with the Russians having three days off. We'll see what they are really like then.

Reactions: LouJersey

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I watched the OHL vs RUS game and he looked pretty good. He’s the Captain of the team, and scored their only goal on a nice feed. He appears to have a good offensive skill set, but needs to gain some strength. Bouchard was working him over in front of the net pretty good. On the plus side, he didn’t back down and it didn’t deter him from planting himself there.

Could be a nice sleeper late round pick?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I watched the OHL vs RUS game and he looked pretty good. He’s the Captain of the team, and scored their only goal on a nice feed. He appears to have a good offensive skill set, but needs to gain some strength. Bouchard was working him over in front of the net pretty good. On the plus side, he didn’t back down and it didn’t deter him from planting himself there.

Could be a nice sleeper late round pick?

I`ve always appreciated watching kids who get picked late make it. Something to be said about the drive and will it takes to be chosen, likely as an after thought for most teams then forcing the teams hand to put you in by playing better than those chosen ahead of you.

I look at Mark Stone as a great example, still don`t understand how he was chosen in the 6th round but he`s sure carved out a nice little career for himself thus far. I know nothing about this kid other than what those here have offered and a few viewings on the tube recently and he was entertaining to watch, looks like a rake out there but kid has clearly got skill, we`ll see

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
What the commentators said during the game was that every Captain of this team ends up playing for the World Junior team. Valeri Bragin is the same coach of both teams and has been there for a long time. Kid now has 2 goals in 3 games, he will get used to the smaller rinks and physical style. Takes time but maybe a center man diamond in the rough for a late pick.

Reactions: Dr Hook

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Whats the current overseas contract situation with Shen?

Will he be signed and brought over to play for providence next season?

His headfakes are awsesome

Reactions: DKH and Blowfish

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Whats the current overseas contract situation with Shen?

Will he be signed and brought over to play for providence next season?

His headfakes are awsesome
I believe the guy over at Draft Analysts said in a podcast ,post World Juniors ,he was coming over this year,where? I don't know

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Well off the beaten path since he's no longer part of the organization. But Shen has already matched his career-high for points in a season (seven) in 19 KHL games for Admiral.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad