Pavel Bure Russian Olympic Team GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I hope he convinces the coach not to take any defensemen from the RSL.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
What do the HF Russian guys think about this? Does it give the team more credibility or whats the deal?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
for the sake of competition, I really hope he's able to assemble Russia's best. We need the rivalry back

also, if you read Kovalev's comments in the TSN article, he doesn't seem too fond of Bure. did it just come out funny, or does Bure have a beef with some players? I would have thought they would be jumping for joy to be moving away from the Soviet-era management...

Jazz

arrbez said:
for the sake of competition, I really hope he's able to assemble Russia's best. We need the rivalry back

also, if you read Kovalev's comments in the TSN article, he doesn't seem too fond of Bure. did it just come out funny, or does Bure have a beef with some players? I would have thought they would be jumping for joy to be moving away from the Soviet-era management...

You should have seen Kovalev's reaction on TSN's Sportscentre earlier - hardly a ringing endorsement..

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Yeah, I read something about Federov being a no-show just because Bure is going to be GM, something along the lines was also mentioned on the Russian section of HF. Whats up with that, did Bure and Federov have some negative history? I would think that Federov + Mogilny, Bure's old linemates would be linning up to be on the team now.

I read the TSN article and thought "hm, those are weird comments." Then, I watched the actual interview with Kovalev and in person he was REALLY weird, the little shrug and facial after he ended his interview with "I dont have to deal with him" said it all... but I am not quite sure what.

In any case, its not up to Kirkun now, Bure will be making the selections... and I have more confidence in his ability to pick a team than Kirkun's "the RSL is just as good as the NHL mentality." Bure was the captain of the Russian national team afterall, he is an ambassador of Russian hockey or at least the face of it, and he knows most players and the NHL as well as the RSL... seems like a good man for the job.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Slitty said:
Yeah, I read something about Federov being a no-show just because Bure is going to be GM, something along the lines was also mentioned on the Russian section of HF. Whats up with that, did Bure and Federov have some negative history?

I believe they had some issues over Anna Kournikova. She is after all the Russian equivalent to the Stanley Cup.

Sadly for them, she ended up dumping them for a real man in Enrique Iglacias

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
arrbez said:
I believe they had some issues over Anna Kournikova. She is after all the Russian equivalent to the Stanley Cup.

Sadly for them, she ended up dumping them for a real man in Enrique Iglacias

I just hope that saga doesn't continue with Malkin, Ovechkin and Sharapova! :biglaugh:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
TORRUS said:
I just hope that saga doesn't continue with Malkin, Ovechkin and Sharapova! :biglaugh:

New generations mate: they will have to battle the current holder, Pavel Bure, for Sharapova.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Den said:
Too young, and too young, amd too young...

That shouldn't affect his GM abilities, how does he get along with the rest of the Russian players and Russian hockey federation?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Proof (sorta):
051017k.jpg

(I like the height differance)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad