Pavel Bure Retired Jersey?

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Looks like everything Is in place. Great news!

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8204059

“I expected an ovation but not for that long,†Aquilini said. “I thought maybe for a minute or two but it went on for quite a while. That’s the fans appreciating what Pavel did.â€

“He never had problems with the fans. He had problems with management, but never the fans.â€

Hal 9000*

You do realize that the Canucks originally asked him to show up so they could put him in the ''ring of honor'' ? He didn't take too kindly to that, and who would blame him.

So, what your saying is that Bure held out for more? Wow, there has to be a joke in there somewhere!

Wizeman*

Looks like everything Is in place. Great news!

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8204059

“I expected an ovation but not for that long,†Aquilini said. “I thought maybe for a minute or two but it went on for quite a while. That’s the fans appreciating what Pavel did.â€

“He never had problems with the fans. He had problems with management, but never the fans.â€

Read it on CDC just a few minutes ago. They are retiring Pavel's number. :handclap:

What a great day for our franchise. :nod:

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
No, I became a fan in 00-01 when the 'Nucks were just starting to get the West Coast Express going, but w/e I was young (7) and in love with hockey.

I know I maybe young, but I loved watching the highlights of Bure when I was 12/13. I researched him heavily for a school project at 14. And it was a huge letdown for me when I saw the video clips of him saying he wanted to leave; the media coverage of it all exaggerates it, but not a lot. Many fans were pissed, and I'm still mad at him for leaving. I may have been a fan after his time in Vancouver, but he was successful here, and because the team as a whole didn't do well, he wanted to be moved isn't a good enough reason for. I don't think the same of him now as I did when I was 11-13.

That's why I don't think Bure should have his jersey retired, I think that's a pretty fair reason.

I don't think so, Tim.*

*Home Improvement reference, before you wonder why I called you Tim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad