Pavel Bure or McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Me, as a huge Bure fan, would still pick Mcdavid without hesitation.

That said, Bure is underrated. I think there is poster around here called something like The Golden Jet or similar that posts videos of full games every shift of Pavel Bure. Watch them and you see just how good he was.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
McDavid is 21 and looks like he's headed for a third consecutive award sweep.

Bure never won an Art, Hart or Lindsay and wasn't even remotely close to contending for them in a yearly basis even if you remove Lemieux or Jagr or whatever from the picture.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
bure in today's nhl would be insane. but mcdavid is a generational freak

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

That said, Bure is underrated. I think there is poster around here called something like The Golden Jet or similar that posts videos of full games every shift of Pavel Bure. Watch them and you see just how good he was.
Well that poster would know very little about hockey. The name The Golden Jet is owned by Hull

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

Watched his career as it happened. He was a treat to watch. And the seasons in FLA with knee issues in the height of the dead puck era were immensely impressive. It’s just not a fair comparison to Bure or even 99% of the players we indeed rate as superstars. McDavid at this point is heading toward icon status.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Bure was a very highly skilled player but he was also very selfish at times. Ive never seen anything selfish in Mcdavids game.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ya like someone else said, what's the point of even asking? You really have to have a hard-on for Bure to pick him before McDavid.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Bure is overrated.

This is like asking Bure vs Crosby...and Mcdavid could be better than Crosby

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Bure was probably the best pure goal scorer ever and skater, but he didn’t last long, was injury prone and a selfish player. McDavid wins this.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Nope. Ovechkin and McDavid.

You must be too young to have seen Bure play. Watch some highlights on YouTube, the guy had two 60 goal campaigns and almost another two (58,59) in the dead puck era. Very close to winning a Cup for Vancouver too. He was such a strong skater not even the high clutch and grab era could stop him. The guy would tear it up today. Simply on another level.

Last edited:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
You must be too young to have seen Bure play. Watch some highlights on YouTube, the guy had two 60 goal campaigns and almost another two (58,59) in the dead puck era. Very close to winning a Cup for Vancouver too. He was such a strong skater not even the high clutch and grab era could stop him. The guy would tear it up today. Simply on another level.

Man, some of those defensive efforts & goaltending are embarrassing:laugh:

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
They only thing I'd take Bure over McDavid for is that Katz interaction at the draft.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010

Well that poster would know very little about hockey. The name The Golden Jet is owned by Hull

Read carefully.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Fun unique watch but second tier in his era and this one.

He had 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th place scoring finishes in only 5 full seasons played. And in that fifth year he had 60 goals and 110 points.

Bure was obviously a second tier guy if you compare him with players like Lemieux, Gretzky or Jagr, but then so would Selänne and Brett Hull and pretty much any other winger not named Jagr be (I don't care if Hull won a Hart Trophy, his center/linemate out-pointed him by a 0.21 PPG clip ratio that season which is quite a lot). And guys like Ciccarelli, Nieuwendyk, Andreychuk and Housley would be third tier guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad