Pavel Bure could play ... but won't be Russia's GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
yes, i read it in the post too. i could even find the article if you dont believe me, but bure himself was quoted in september as saying he couldnt walk without pain.

but that was half a year ago! this is great news for hockey. and for me personally ofcourse, considering he's my all-time favourite player.

mackdogs*

deathbear said:
how do you know?
Those Russian-tinted glasses give some strange vision. Kinda like beer goggles but instead of better looking women it makes Russian hockey players look better. Ya Bure's fine, so is Pelle Lindbergh I guess.

mackdogs*

Ratfinklives said:
I'm not easily offended but that's a bit harsh.

I agree, and I apologize because that was hella harsh. I'm just trying to make the point that Pavel Bure is not fine. I'm pretty sure I crossed the line because I can't even see it from where I am :)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Here is Pavel Bure's full interview : http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?date=2004/5/19&id=154076

Sorry I'm not gonna transalte it cuz it's way too long.

What he says is that basically he doesn't believe his knee will ever fully recover from the injury, but doesn't think about retirement yet. He also said that chances he'll play at the World Cup are very very slim. And finally, he thinks that Russia should have a Russian coach at the World Cup, even if he believes that Russian NHLers would be comfortable playing for someone like Larry Robinson.

Oh yeah Bure also mentionned that Bob Goodenow called him not long ago ... quote : "Pavel, what's going on with Russian hockey? You have to name a roster, there's almost no time left." :lol Pavel answered he has no answer to that, but according to him the situation is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->