Pavel Bure: A Rocket Through Time - I present my 85-minute retrospective, montage-style film.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Bure would have the benefit of today’s technological advances that took place with equipment, training and medically.

Remember that the advances go both ways. Video game to game game planning. Defenses far improved. Light weight goalie pads and butterfly goaltending and each team with goalie coaches.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Bure would have the benefit of today’s technological advances that took place with equipment, training and medically.

Of course it's all speculation but you don't do your view when you say "everyone now skates like the wind". Sure, guys like Connor, Kapanen and Larkin would have him beat but looks to me like he'd be faster than most guys these days.

Brings up a question though, did they do faster skater competitions back then? Or even time any players?
I was clearly being ironic. I even posted straight away afterwards :)

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
What?! Are you kidding? That's called throat singing and it's even quite soft. It's an ancient, human singing method found in many Mongol and Nordic pagan cultures - and yes, even among the people that were slaughtered when North America was conquered. Psychopath? More of the opposite. It's absolutely beautiful. It speaks of heritage to me, but because I'm of Nordic heritage, maybe it's different.

Or what, you're going to proclaim this sounds awful as well?

Bloody brilliant, it speaks to your soul. And no, they don't sing about war. They sing about healing, but being forced to pick up the sword when the language of the sword entered their lands, with the madness and sorrow that followed. As for the female overtones, they're called "kulning" (07:43) in Swedish, also an ancient technique found in many old pagan cultures who once lived in the northern hemisphere of the globe, mainly to send messages over distant lands to other people and herding cattle. Or for singing like a siren at a party. Psychopath singing? We are the psychopaths.

As for the Bure video, that was brilliant, it gives me even more appreciation for how frigging (following the catholic rules here, don't want to get the ****s) good he was. Both he and Forsberg would've been legends if not for injuries, in their own ways. If I want a dream line to win a game, I start with Forsberg at center and Bure at wing. Pure monsters. Now I get sad they never played together.

Peak Forsberg and Bure on a line together.... Now that would've been music to my ears.

Reactions: Chimp

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

I'm not so sure he would've needed all that to be an elite scorer in todays league, but yes it would make him even better.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Pavel Bure on the canucks is the reason I got into hockey in 91-92. Can't wait to watch this video. Thanks.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Great work, awesome, worthy tribute, and marvelous "Zone Entry".

This is the example of type of content almost everyone would want more, but relatively rare are making.

True Work of Love to The Game. :)

Reactions: ColdSteel2

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Second post. Came here to ask for a Paul kariya tribute like this one. One of my all time favorite

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
jesus h, did this guy ever move. WOW i forgot how supersonic this guy was. absolutely electrifying!

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
No he wouldn't. He'd be a top goal scorer, but he wouldn't be McDavid.
Well they are two different players. Prime Bure today would have much less assists but much more goals. Their speed and stick handling abity at high speed is what make them similar. But Bures acceleration is unmatched even today.

Reactions: Studz

jimstark

May 22, 2014
First of all thank you for making this that was for me Christmas coming early :)
Amazing job will make sure some friends see this

I first saw Pavel in 1989 just a short clip on Swedish television where they showed a goal he scored with CSKA and just from that short clip you could tell that here comes something special

By far the fastest and most electrifying player i have ever seen. I remember people not into hockey/NHL getting interested just because of him
Seeing him play made you feel alive and as mentioned here his acceleration is unmatched even today !!! ( Take a look at those 5 goals he scored for Russian against Finland in 98 Olympic)

It was not just that he was fast he could keep his speed with the puck and he had great hands he was a beauty and i miss him

During his short carrier and what could have been i always think about him like the James Dean of NHL a shooting star that everybody talked about and then he was gone ( Luckily Pavel is alive with his family )

Just amazing i cant realy find words to describe him a legend for sure

Thanks again for making this :)

Nov 24, 2006
Didn’t Bure play on a line with Fedorov and Mogilny in Russia? I can’t imagine how awesome that would have been to see.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Didn’t Bure play on a line with Fedorov and Mogilny in Russia? I can’t imagine how awesome that would have been to see.

Yes they played togheter on the junior team and the legendary coach Tickhonov had them planned for Russias next green unit after Makarov- Larionov and Krutov from the famous CCCP line ( best unit ever ) I did not go that way Mogilny deffected in 1989 i think and then Fedorov in 1990 before Pavel Bure came after playing his last season for Russia in 1991 (before entering the NHL) and all 3 of them changed in many ways the NHL for the better if you ask me

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Managed even take Calder (with 34+26=60 in 65GP) from under the nose of that random Swedish scrub D-man N. Lidström (11+49=60 in 80GP, +36). It took 5 seasons from the scrub to surpass his rookie regular season production, btw.

Wonderful.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Defenses far improved. Light weight goalie pads and butterfly goaltending and each team with goalie coaches.

Bure played against Chelios, Lidström, Pronger, Bourque, Stevens, Leetch, D. Hatcher, Foote, Konstantinov, Desjardins, Beukeboom, MacInnis, Niedermayer, Blake, et cetera, but you think he would have problem with the defensive depthness of Morgan Reilly, Tyson Barrie, Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns?

A weak ass skill player like Gaudreau scored 99 points last season but you think an explosive tank like Bure would have problem against these "far improved defenses"? :rolleyes:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Bure played against Chelios, Lidström, Pronger, Bourque, Stevens, Leetch, D. Hatcher, Foote, Konstantinov, Desjardins, Beukeboom, MacInnis, Niedermayer, Blake, et cetera, but you think he would have problem with the defensive depthness of Morgan Reilly, Tyson Barrie, Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns?

A weak ass skill player like Gaudreau scored 99 points last season but you think an explosive tank like Bure would have problem against these "far improved defenses"? :rolleyes:

You are saying that Tyson Barrie is representative of the best nhl defensemen of the current era defensively? You cant mean that.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
You are saying that Tyson Barrie is representative of the best nhl defensemen of the current era defensively? You cant mean that.

I don't, but I fail to see what makes defensemen these days so special. Or are you talking about overall systems? NHL hockey when Bure played was pretty brutal. Can you imagine Pat Kane and Johnny Gaudreau surviving in such a league?

kmart

Jan 23, 2008

first clips in the vid... he casually glides around the pilon lindstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad