Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I think a trade should only happen if a guy like Pastrnak is coming back.

Otherwise, Rangers should hold on to him.
1198194.gif

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Rangers should try to get rid of Krieder before Buch imo. Buch gives me the vives of a playoff warrior type. Someone you could regret moving as soon as next year as Rangers continue to improve.

Fox/laf/kakko/buch/zib contracts upcoming has Drury's work cut out for him, that's forsure. Not a bad problem to have as long as it goes well.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers should try to get rid of Krieder before Buch imo. Buch gives me the vives of a playoff warrior type. Someone you could regret moving as soon as next year as Rangers continue to improve.

Fox/laf/kakko/buch/zib contracts upcoming has Drury's work cut out for him, that's forsure. Not a bad problem to have as long as it goes well.

nope

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
8.8 and 9M are kinda really close bud... Pietrangelo took a discount to play in Vegas, pretty sur ehe had offers around that 10M$ mark he refused to go play there, the zero income tax helps.

1. I said 9-10m, bud. Reading helps. That’s also from teams with state income taxes.

2. Your source on that is “trust me, I have sources” right?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
And he would have gotten more from VGK had not there been a flat cap.

That’s the point.
With what cap room?

Any other team not named the Panthers or the Lightning would've needed to give him a 10/10.5M$ contract to be similar. Flat cap or not, he would not have gotten nore than that.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
With what cap room?

Any other team not named the Panthers or the Lightning would've needed to give him a 10/10.5M$ contract to be similar. Flat cap or not, he would not have gotten nore than that.

No flat cap and he absolutely would have gotten that. He was the best UFA defender by a mile and defenders like him don’t hit free agency often. It was just bad timing and unfortunate circumstances.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
No flat cap and he absolutely would have gotten that. He was the best UFA defender by a mile and defenders like him don’t hit free agency often. It was just bad timing and unfortunate circumstances.
He got that. He got 8.8 (which is somewhat similar to 10/10.5M$) withNMC from Vegas. Even if the cap was going up, he would not have gotten much more than that

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
And he would have gotten more from VGK had not there been a flat cap.

That’s the point.

You think? I disagree. If he were signing a flat cap adjusted contract it would have been a shorter term... that's why you are seeing so many short term contracts right now.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
well yes, but Kreider has a NMC. I'd love to keep Buchnevich but then it almost makes sense to trade Kakko so that one of them isn't playing 3rd line minutes (unless Kreider does)
Krieder will probably start playing 3rd line minutes as early as next season. Second that ping pong ball popped up the clock on Krieders LNMC began to count off. Look for both Krieder and Trouba to be moved in 23.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Krieder will probably start playing 3rd line minutes as early as next season. Second that ping pong ball popped up the clock on Krieders LNMC began to count off. Look for both Krieder and Trouba to be moved in 23.

they also offer something that no one else on the team does the way they play and also leadership we’ll see how it goes

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I watched the games closer than normal this season, probably because I was so happy to have them back. What I noticed is that Kreider is one of the most peculiar players I have seen in a while. It's like his brain and his abilities don't work together. Kreider has blazing speed, but I wouldn't say he uses it well. You don't see him carrying the puck up ice and he isn't really a killer on the forecheck like he could be. He isn't physical in the aggressive sense. He rarely goes looking for contact even though he has prototypical size. He has tremendous strength, but is as far from a fighter as you will find. His game is as a net front presence, which doesn't require any gazelle to do. So Kreider races up ice to go stand still in front of the net, which he does very well. I guess it's no wonder why I always seem to think he can do more. I feel like this had to be coaching in the past but man he could be so much more if he ever just played the game up to his physical abilities.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I watched the games closer than normal this season, probably because I was so happy to have them back. What I noticed is that Kreider is one of the most peculiar players I have seen in a while. It's like his brain and his abilities don't work together. Kreider has blazing speed, but I wouldn't say he uses it well. You don't see him carrying the puck up ice and he isn't really a killer on the forecheck like he could be. He isn't physical in the aggressive sense. He rarely goes looking for contact even though he has prototypical size. He has tremendous strength, but is as far from a fighter as you will find. His game is as a net front presence, which doesn't require any gazelle to do. So Kreider races up ice to go stand still in front of the net, which he does very well. I guess it's no wonder why I always seem to think he can do more. I feel like this had to be coaching in the past but man he could be so much more if he ever just played the game up to his physical abilities.

Season ticket holder here, can't tell you how many times I've watched him circle the ice during a shift waiting for things to happen. Only to watch him skate back to the bench and watch a replay of that same shift on an iPad and look at him either get angry at himself or shrug it off. Epitome of wanting more out of a player who you know has that potential.
Hindsight is 20/20 but if the front office knew that ping pong ball would turn up then Kreider would have been gone at the last trade deadline, probably would have been one of the best targets at the time. That ball popped up and Kreider's LMNC started to tick... look for both he and Trouba to be moved in 23.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You think? I disagree. If he were signing a flat cap adjusted contract it would have been a shorter term... that's why you are seeing so many short term contracts right now.
Why does it need to be a short term deal to consider the flat cap? You can see it is structured dollar wise to give LV/AP a break on the salary this year and next and push the dollars later in the contract where money flow should be better.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
If the Rangers don’t end up trading Kakko (Laf won’t be) they will have Panarin and Kreider signed with Kakko Lafraniere and Kravtsov as wingers. If they don’t want to keep Buch Long term makes sense to deal him.
I'm not not I understand why this is being discussed. Rangers have 23m in cap space, and even more when they buy out DeAngelo. Their only bigger re-signings are Buch and Shesterkin. and having 6 top 9 wingers isn't a bad thing.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I'm not not I understand why this is being discussed. Rangers have 23m in cap space, and even more when they buy out DeAngelo. Their only bigger re-signings are Buch and Shesterkin. and having 6 top 9 wingers isn't a bad thing.
And tjevery nexy year Strome (7M +) anf Fox (8M+)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

overlooking some peeps/numbers
main one is Zib, who's gonna get 8 min after his sweetheart deal ends this season --- unless he is dealt

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I love Buch but he has good trade value and that trade can help balance this team out, which it desperately needs. If the rangers resign him they are going to force a trade due to cap issues in a couple of years and they will come out losing that trade. Trade now to win a trade you'll lose in the future. The rangers need to move players to open up roster spots and Buch is worth the most.

Reactions: CLW and SML2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->