Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
Yeah, I thought it was around the holidays. It's just been so quiet. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about him skating or some other type of non-contact practicing.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He had an interview last week that is mentioned on this page above. Among other things he mentioned that the break was still painful when he tried to make a fist. I'm guessing it will be at least 5 weeks from Nov 8 when he got injured so probably toward the end of next week after the return from team's Florida trip - Arizona on 14th or Vegas on 16th.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He totally does not fit the style of play that Quinn wants and probably even wishes AV was still here. Ok...maybe not. I could see him as part of a deadline trade but would like to see if when his Russian buddies show up next year it jump starts his game.

Yes! My favorite time on HF Boards, story time.

Ok...here it goes...

Ahem...

Buch first wanted AV gone because AV had a Russian bias, but now a year later when other fun new prospects with unlimited potential came up, but Quinn was the coach.

So Quinn was supposedly going to play Buch a lot, so that Buch’s expected goals/60 would be realized, and this is because Quinn lacked a Russian bias

But now we see that either Quinn also has a Russian bias [debatable, yet plausible because of the displaced rage Quinn has since he is no longer trying to ruin ADA or Chytil]

Or the system Quinn uses does not jive with Buch, which we can see since he is injured, so now he probably wants AV back

The kicker is since he's Russian he absolutely only wants to play with Rissians. They don't even have to know eachother beforehand. Just the fact that even if they are part of different sects, they legally live within the same expanding and contracting United Nations recognized remains of the USSR,

but in order to have Buch play with his Russians, he needs AV, yet with AV’s unwavering disdain for anything Russo associated, I don’t see that working out.

The Rangers should therefore swap him ASAP to not delay signing Panarin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dijock94

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
funny you bring that up.

was reading some stuff in the athletic from last year about panarin confirming ny as his preferred spot to play. multiple references confirming panarins desire to play here.

the thought of adding panarin to this roster with buchnevich on a 2nd line centered by kevin hayes makes me woozy.

and i agree, very happy to hear buch on some page with quinn.

Yes!

The Rangers have thrown so much money and assets at players who were good, yet they be er mentioned vaguely in some sports paper up to 10 years back about how they always dreamed of playing for the Rangers.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Kids heal fast.

That said has three top six players returning in the same game ever happened in NHL history?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
lol for real dude has been playing with straight trash and is still killing it

Yup, on pace for 73 points, gets used in all situations and has a Jesper Fast ball and chain attached the whole time. Not a #1 center my ass.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Yup, on pace for 73 points, gets used in all situations and has a Jesper Fast ball and chain attached the whole time. Not a #1 center my ass.
And he lived the 10 game stretch that he always get injuried this year. This is the year, boys.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I hope he comes back really motivated... he's been kinda lackluster this season. Maybe I was just expecting too much from him.

Lackluster was a carryover from AV’s tenure. IMHO

Quite a few are starting to overlook him when putting on paper the future roster. Not me. I had and still have some reservations but it’s been very encouraging how he reacted to and what he said after being a healthy scratch and demotion by Quinn. Very different from when AV was in charge. Definitely should be a part of the future core and I’d take an opportunity to sign him long term on a cheap.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
According to Quinn, Buch approached him after the last practice to get some more coaching, so they stayed on the ice a bit longer. Also said he understands it'll take Buch some time to return to form after the injury, and that he's willing to let Buch work through some mistakes as long as he's not "playing lazy".

What an exciting change from AV

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I really hope they aren’t rushing him back.

I’d worried more if it was a ligament or another soft tissue issue. X-rays should be pretty conclusive on whether his thumb is fully healed or not.

Edit: this is not the same situations as with Stepan when they failed to diagnose a fracture in the first place

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’d worried more if it was a ligament or another soft tissue issue. X-rays should be pretty conclusive on whether his thumb is fully healed or not.

Edit: this is not the same situations as with Stepan when they failed to diagnose a fracture in the first place

This is true, but its still really quick.

They've rushed people back before, or attempted to.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This is true, but its still really quick.

They've rushed people back before, or attempted to.

Nope, it’s more like players forcing the issue. Medical stuff would have no valid support to oppose other than their gut feelings or by association to other cases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->