Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The Rangers are telling Kakko and Lafreniere to not score too much so their second contracts are leaue minimum and then bam 95 points.

It's the ultimate cap circumvention.

Should have told Fox to ease in on the third pair so we could have locked him in to the best contract in the NHL.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I thought Buch was fantastic last night and has been for a majority of this season.

He is literally giving this team everything they need out of a top line forward.

Covering up for pinched D, hustling on the forecheck, forcing opposition breakouts to the correct side of the ice when his line is changing. Beating D one on one, finding holes in the D, making plays, opening up the ice for his teammates and himself, getting into open space to get quality shots off.. using his body effectively, playing with an edge, power play work, pk work, etc etc etc

Just watch him out there. His game has improved to a very high level and it’s becoming more and more consistent.

There’s a lot to like about this team especially the youngsters but Buch has really impressed the hell out of me lately

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I thought Buch was fantastic last night and has been for a majority of this season.

He is literally giving this team everything they need out of a top line forward.

Covering up for pinched D, hustling on the forecheck, forcing opposition breakouts to the correct side of the ice when his line is changing. Beating D one on one, finding holes in the D, making plays, opening up the ice for his teammates and himself, getting into open space to get quality shots off.. using his body effectively, playing with an edge, power play work, pk work, etc etc etc

Just watch him out there. His game has improved to a very high level and it’s becoming more and more consistent.

There’s a lot to like about this team especially the youngsters but Buch has really impressed the hell out of me lately

Forget it. He’s just busting his ass for the next big contract and once he gets it he will turn back into pumpkin. :sarcasm:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I love that when looking back at this kid when he first came over, he had no core strength and would get knocked over if a stiff wind blew on the ice.

To see what he is now, compared to what he was when he arrived, it's truly a joy.

He's the 14th highest scoring player from his draft class. Oddly enough only 2 points ahead of another NYR Draftee Duclair, but Buch has done that in 100 less games.

Not sure that we can, but I do hope that they keep him around.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Fun fact but he's tied for 2nd with Marchand in SHGs

Not something I would've anticipated this year.

Also would not have anticipated a year where he's, by far, the best player on the KZB line.

I was just going to say, Buch seems like a player that Boston would covet.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Has been a joy to watch him take this next step. Have gotten my hopes that so many players would improve in this sort of way to no avail over the years, and here's Pav the Butcher just doing it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Knew that Kreider deal was a mistake when we signed him. Now we have to lose the better and younger player. I would add picks to unload Kreider and keep Buch honestly.
You would throw draft picks at teams to take someone who is 13th in the league in goals?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->