Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So like I said, no rush ;)
Haha, I hear where you are coming from, just at the very least want Gorton to put the feelers out. It's rare for a team to find, on the trade market, a 1st line winger in his prime that will still be a RFA when the contract expires. A team really making a run for that cup over the next 1-3 years might be willing to trade away a top center prospect if Buch would fill a huge need for them.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Right after I get the lotto numbers for next week..
The you can’t say that you can get a good young center. If you have no idea as to who that can be, you can’t possibly make a trade offer.

Or wait. Why mot trade him to a contender and so for the next good young center that they may acquire?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The you can’t say that you can get a good young center. If you have no idea as to who that can be, you can’t possibly make a trade offer.

Or wait. Why mot trade him to a contender and so for the next good young center that they may acquire?
You ok?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Try a bit harder

Sure, once you start putting sentences together that make sense:

“The you can’t say that you can get a good young center. If you have no idea as to who that can be, you can’t possibly make a trade offer.

Or wait. Why mot trade him to a contender and so for the next good young center that they may acquire?”

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Or wait. Why mot trade him to a contender and so for the next good young center that they may acquire?”
YOU want to move him either by himself or in a package for a “good young center”.

The question you seem to be going through great lengths to avoid is who? Want to talk about a deal involving Buchnevich, then what’s the target? Who are you trading for? This is the question you need to answer.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
YOU want to move him either by himself or in a package for a “good young center”.

The question you seem to be going through great lengths to avoid is who? Want to talk about a deal involving Buchnevich, then what’s the target? Who are you trading for? This is the question you need to answer.
cool

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I dont know how they cannot at least try to keep him. He's everything you'd like. Two-way responsible, point producer, edge and snarl, decent size, strength, and speed.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I dont know how they cannot at least try to keep him. He's everything you'd like. Two-way responsible, point producer, edge and snarl, decent size, strength, and speed.
ok, lets calm down

Still dont think he's moved unless they get a center they absolutely love. ( Newhook, Lundell etc ) He will be signed with a 'moveable' contract. Wait and see approach, with what we have with Kakko and Kravtsov. Gauthier being a wild card.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
On a team that has had McDonagh, Callahan, Dubinsky, Drury, Kreider, Skjei, Hayes, Trouba, JT Miller, Fox, Lindgren, K Miller, DeAngelo, Vesey, Shattenkirk, etc. over the past decade, we’ve never had a player more American than 2021 Buch. He needs to be protected at all costs.
So who are we giving up on? Kakko, Laf, Fox, or Shest? Because there is a salary cap.

Reactions: kovazub94

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So who are we giving up on? Kakko, Laf, Fox, or Shest? Because there is a salary cap.

Kakko is due for an extension next year. It won’t be costly to bridge him because he hasn’t shown anything. Kravstov also won’t be expensive to bridge as he hasn’t even debuted yet. Buch insulates against neither of them taking a step or coming along more slowly than we want. In 3 years when those bridge deals are up and they need to be extended again, we’ll know for sure if they’re players or not, and at that time Kreider and Trouba’s NTC’s are limited and one or both can be moved. If they can’t be or we feel we don’t want to move them, Buch will still be tradable at that time. Trouba’s 8M is almost certainly going to have to go at that point.

That’s how I’m hoping we’re able to manage it. Obviously Buch’s salary demands will be a factor. But also the post wasn’t that serious since I spent more than half of it listing US born Rangers just to make an American Buch joke.

Reactions: ArPanet and McSauer

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
ok, lets calm down

Still dont think he's moved unless they get a center they absolutely love. (Newhook, Lundell etc ) He will be signed with a 'moveable' contract. Wait and see approach, with what we have with Kakko and Kravtsov. Gauthier being a wild card.

This.
I posted a "value of" Buch thread a week or so ago and I think I angered some folks that misunderstood my initial post of thinking Buch would be traded and interpreting that as wanting him dealt. Not a fan of trading him but you have to think that Gorton pulls the trigger if a young center they love is on the table, meaning an offer they really can't turn down.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kakko is due for an extension next year. It won’t be costly to bridge him because he hasn’t shown anything. Kravstov also won’t be expensive to bridge as he hasn’t even debuted yet. Buch insulates against neither of them taking a step or coming along more slowly than we want. In 3 years when those bridge deals are up and they need to be extended again, we’ll know for sure if they’re players or not, and at that time Kreider and Trouba’s NTC’s are limited and one or both can be moved. If they can’t be or we feel we don’t want to move them, Buch will still be tradable at that time. Trouba’s 8M is almost certainly going to have to go at that point.

That’s how I’m hoping we’re able to manage it. Obviously Buch’s salary demands will be a factor. But also the post wasn’t that serious since I spent more than half of it listing US born Rangers just to make an American Buch joke.
Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. Who is going to take Trouba’s 8M contract? Kreider is going to decline sooner or later and the same goes for that contract. Kakko has played much better this year, the points will come sooner or later, what if he puts up 50 next season? We still need to get Fox locked up long term at some point. Miller?

Look, we all love Buch, but when we signed Kreider to that terrible deal that was pretty much the end of Buch. Buch is going to get a nice contract from someone the way he has played the last 15 months. We arent in our window now, we will be in a few years as long as we keep our young core together.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. Who is going to take Trouba’s 8M contract? Kreider is going to decline sooner or later and the same goes for that contract. Kakko has played much better this year, the points will come sooner or later, what if he puts up 50 next season? We still need to get Fox locked up long term at some point. Miller?

Look, we all love Buch, but when we signed Kreider to that terrible deal that was pretty much the end of Buch. Buch is going to get a nice contract from someone the way he has played the last 15 months. We arent in our window now, we will be in a few years as long as we keep our young core together.

I’d bet pretty solid money that Kakko’s bridge deal is pretty modest regardless of next season unless he really goes off, but sure these are all considerations. Right now it looks like Fox and Zibanejad are the only big money extensions we’ll have to give. We may have to eat 2M or something to move Trouba’s last 2-3 years but realistically I can’t see him finishing that deal here with the cap hit, youth coming, etc. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just saying it isn’t impossible either and that’s why JG gets paid to deal with the headache of figuring it all out and making the tough decisions. Buch is 25. Aside from Fox, our young core has really not shown anything yet. It’s a balancing act. Keep shipping guys like Buch out to bet on 19-21 year olds in Chytil, Kakko, Kravstov, Laf, Miller, Lundkvist, etc. and you just end up with more highly drafted 19-21 year olds when Kakko is 25, and then maybe you’re having the same conversation about whether to keep Kakko. Hold onto everyone and you’re trying to figure out how to balance the cap and make room for the kids like we are now. It’s not an easy situation, no doubt.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’d bet pretty solid money that Kakko’s bridge deal is pretty modest regardless of next season unless he really goes off, but sure these are all considerations. Right now it looks like Fox and Zibanejad are the only big money extensions we’ll have to give. We may have to eat 2M or something to move Trouba’s last 2-3 years but realistically I can’t see him finishing that deal here with the cap hit, youth coming, etc. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just saying it isn’t impossible either and that’s why JG gets paid to deal with the headache of figuring it all out and making the tough decisions. Buch is 25. Aside from Fox, our young core has really not shown anything yet. It’s a balancing act. Keep shipping guys like Buch out to bet on 19-21 year olds in Chytil, Kakko, Kravstov, Laf, Miller, Lundkvist, etc. and you just end up with more highly drafted 19-21 year olds when Kakko is 25, and then maybe you’re having the same conversation about whether to keep Kakko. Hold onto everyone and you’re trying to figure out how to balance the cap and make room for the kids like we are now. It’s not an easy situation, no doubt.

I think the problem was your blank statement "Buch must be kept at all cost" that got you pushback from others. If the cost is a long-term contract at excessive term and full NTC, then no, thank you,

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think the problem was your blank statement "Buch must be kept at all cost" that got you pushback from others. If the cost is a long-term contract at excessive term and full NTC, then no, thank you,

Well, like I said, “he must be protected at all costs” followed a paragraph setting up an American Buch joke so it never was meant to be taken SO seriously. People use the phrase “must be protected at all costs” in a kind of joking manner these days. I didn’t actually say he must be kept. I get what you’re saying, but it was really just an American Buch joke with an I’d prefer to keep him slant.

Reactions: kovazub94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->