Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Buchenvich can be our leading scorer this year. He's capable of putting up over 60 points if the KZB line stays together. Who else can even get into the 60's, maybe Zuc, Hayes, Zibanejad if he could make it thru a season healthy. The only other wing who comes close in both passing and shooting to Buch is Zuc and he won't shoot much.

I like Hayes but his career high is 49 points. Not sure he really has the consistency to break 60.

I think Buchnevich is more talented than Zucc and has the potential to be a better player ad put up more points, but he's gotta put it all together to reach that point

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I missed the game yesterday at 7, and watched the encore around 10, so I couldn’t follow the game on hfboards. Is it just me, or did Quinn play Buchnevich a lot less towards the end of the game? I noticed Buch made a couple defensive mistakes. Was that it?

Same happenened with Zucc. Barely played towards the end of the game. Given what Quinn said after the game, I tend to think he was just resting some of his top end forwards because he didn’t need to see much else from them. He made reference after the game to wanting to see how younger players would react towards the end. I think he was referring to the two 2017 first rounders.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Same happenened with Zucc. Barely played towards the end of the game. Given what Quinn said after the game, I tend to think he was just resting some of his top end forwards because he didn’t need to see much else from them. He made reference after the game to wanting to see how younger players would react towards the end. I think he was referring to the two 2017 first rounders.
That clears it up. Thanks.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Dog. Can’t compete in North America. Trade him now before he has no value. Quickly. I can’t look at his face

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dog. Can’t compete in North America. Trade him now before he has no value. Quickly. I can’t look at his face
100-Pavel-Buchnevich-wm.jpg

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Talented player, absolutely 0 motor on him though. 50 point ceiling in a good year unless he gets drastically stronger on the puck and/or changes his game to actually want to compete. Still thinks he's in the KHL with the bigger ice surface, it's blatantly obvious when watching him play

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
He totally does not fit the style of play that Quinn wants and probably even wishes AV was still here. Ok...maybe not. I could see him as part of a deadline trade but would like to see if when his Russian buddies show up next year it jump starts his game.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The old HF ranking system had him as an 8.0C. Shows flashes of first line potential but may not have what it takes to reach that potential and could drop two ratings (third liner). Sounds about right.

Reactions: nyr2k2

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This season is barely a month old. Way to swing career projections. Let’s see if Buchnevich figures out what’s being asked of him. Seems Namestnikov has and now reaping rewards in ice time and assignments. Who said Buch won’t...

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Dude needs to get himself out of the Quinn Bin. He also needs to do what the coaches are asking him to do. He's better served on the ice than not but I'm not going to argue against the decisions Quinn makes. He knows the team better than I ever could.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Some very good news that he likes Quinn!
And this "He would enjoy playing with Artemi Panarin and that he thinks the Rangers would “quickly” find a spot for him in the locker room." :naughty:

funny you bring that up.

was reading some stuff in the athletic from last year about panarin confirming ny as his preferred spot to play. multiple references confirming panarins desire to play here.

the thought of adding panarin to this roster with buchnevich on a 2nd line centered by kevin hayes makes me woozy.

and i agree, very happy to hear buch on some page with quinn.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Buchnevich has more personality than 90% of the hockey players combined. It's a pity that he doesn't speak english fluently, his interviews are a treat for the fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad