Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Buchnevich having a good offseason, I see.

c8zxmbwt3v011.jpg
Donkey (or is it a mule)looks like he/she is having a ball.
Animal cruelty don't amuse me.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Was he scared to make mistakes for Russia too? Because he looked like the same guy.

And the Kovalev comparisons are a joke I hope he is just as lazy and soft as kovy while putting up 1000 nhl pts. If he does that I won’t care. But I highly doubt he gets near that. When Kovalev got the puck you knew it. Buchnevich is lucky to even touch the puck at this rate.

NOONE is comparing Buch’s talent level to Kovalev. The point was that “lazy” label was very much a part of #27 description for much of his Rangers ‘ tenure, and it is funny though not surprising given the source that it is being used now with Buchnevich.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
So what happens if Buchnevich is having another disappointing season by trade deadline? I think we have to then trade him or risk losing trade value.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
So what happens if Buchnevich is having another disappointing season by trade deadline? I think we have to then trade him or risk losing trade value.
How is getting 43 points in 74 games while having a coach who constantly misues you disappointing? I know you have a bias against him but come on

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Before you call Buchnevich' season disappointing, I think you need to look at context. Here's a list of Rangers in their 2nd pro-season since 2000, ranked by points.

upload_2018-8-26_10-4-53.png

Oh, look! Only 2(!) forwards this century have had more points in their 2nd pro-year as a Ranger.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
When I look at that table it make me sad - we need to draft better! We`ve one player since 2001 who had more than 60 pts! :)

Reactions: Inferno

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
How is getting 43 points in 74 games while having a coach who constantly misues you disappointing? I know you have a bias against him but come on

I have a bias against him? interesting, you sure you not confusing me with somebody else?

Coach issues aside for a talented and skilled player like him 43 points in 74 games is disappointing. I think he should be producing close to a point per game or more with his skills.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have a bias against him? interesting, you sure you not confusing me with somebody else?

Coach issues aside for a talented and skilled player like him 43 points in 74 games is disappointing. I think he should be producing close to a point per game or more with his skills.

3rd best production by a 2nd year pro since 2000, but sure. 43 points in 74 games is disappointing :laugh:

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
But are any of the players behind Buchnevich Russian?

The "I think he should be producing close to a point per game or more with his skills." bit is hilarious.

Here's why:

upload_2018-8-26_19-15-37.png

Since 2000, a total (that's league-wide) of 13 players have hit 75 points or more in a their 2nd pro season (which is a safe number to look at something like a point per game).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The "I think he should be producing close to a point per game or more with his skills." bit is hilarious.

Here's why:

View attachment 136331

Since 2000, a total (that's league-wide) of 13 players have hit 75 points or more in a their 2nd pro season (which is a safe number to look at something like a point per game).

But muh Russian enigma narrative!

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

And if his new coach starts having issues with him as well then it will further diminish his value and confidence and he might run away to KHL.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And if his new coach starts having issues with him as well then it will further diminish his value and confidence and he might run away to KHL.

Since you have him blocked. A certain poster basically showed that 13 players have hit 75+ points since 2000. Tell us again how Buchnevich should have done that.

Edit: In their 2nd year.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think Buch did have an inconsistent season and the goal will be to improve on that. With his talent he is capable of more but this isn’t uncommon for a player his age and position. He’s talented but he’s not like star level 70+ points talented IMO. I think a Zucc level forward is a reasonable expectation of his upside, maybe a tad more points of it all breaks right

He had a concussion and a coaching staff that wasn’t helping him figure out what he needed to do and improve on but just expecting him to figure it out. The new coaching staff should be far more hands on and that will hopefully help him

Expecting him to be a top winger in the league and calling he lazy if he isn’t is not a realistic evaluation of his skills and abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad