Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Ola, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Kokoschka

Kokoschka Registered User

Do yourselves a favor and give him one more year.

2. eco's bones

eco's bones Registered User

Comparing play away from the puck and defensive play I don't think either of Buchnevich or Vesey should be on our penalty kill anytime soon. I like Buch's defensive play better. I don't like his board work very much though. He's kind of weak on the puck. Vesey's on ice aware is very inconsistent. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't. He reminds me of Chris Kreider a few years back--not always sure where he's supposed to be. Chris has gotten a lot better at that. Maybe Vesey will too. Buchnevich has a lot better grasp though of what's going on as far as in game situations.

3. eco's bones

After this season FWIW I don't think there's any current Ranger I wouldn't contemplate trading including Henrik---though he is the least likely.

As far as Buch for a top 10 draft pick in a very good draft year---it's a good return. Why might Chicago do that? Because of their cap situation they need cheap and young and there is pressure on Bowman and Q---if they don't make the playoffs next year there might not be a second reprieve. Buch is young, talented and a cheap controllable contract right now and that checks all their boxes. From the Rangers POV is a top 10 draft pick in a very good year enough compensation for Buchnevich? If you're thinking that the guy you draft with that pick has an excellent chance to be a first pairing D or a 1st line forward I think it is. If you're not that high on players in that range well then probably not.

4. Dactyl

Dactyl Registered User

Option 1) try actually playing Pavel Buchnevich

Option 2) trade Pavel Buchnevich to the hawks and watch him befom Panarin 2.0

Hmm...decisions decisions

5. Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman @StatBoy_Steven Sponsor

Datacenter manager
    And then blame Gorton for trading him away, which they wanted in the first place

UnSandvich and Rangers743 like this.
  6. UnSandvich

UnSandvich Registered User

I love the people in this thread representing their (incorrect) opinion as fact, then getting mad when called out on it

darko likes this.
  7. eco's bones

Maybe you're seeing something different than what I've been seeing---Pavel Buchnevich is a very talented player and should be a very good player but nothing I've seen so far would lead me to think that he's ever going to be as good as Artemi Panarin. From what I've seen so far if I were to compare him to another Russian---it would be someone more like Maxim Afinogenov.

The Chicago pick right now is 7--the latest it will be is 9. Start ticking off the names---Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina are not going to be there--maybes start after those three--Boqvist, Tkachuk, Bouchard, Hughes, Wahlstrom, Dobson---I don't know about you but I'd rather take my chances that every single one of them will be closer to the stud that Panarin is than Buchnevich will be. True that we'll have to wait a while to get that while Chicago quite possibly gets a guy who will begin to emerge right away but I still think in the long run we'll have the better player. It ain't Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge that I'm suggesting.

In any case it's probably not going to happen so there's no reason for anyone to get hyper over it.

EssEmmEll likes this.
  8. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston Registered User

From today's game for Russia. Shestyorkin was player of the game in a one goal loss though.

9. TGWL

TGWL Registered User

For him to become Panarin 2.0 his skating needs to improve big time.

10. Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog Registered User

And his shooting. And his stickhandling. And probably his passing.

11. Lays

Lays Vitaly Swagtsov

Panarin and Buch aren’t even comparable, they play nothing like each other and Panarin is more skilled
    Buch isn’t really great at anything which worries me. He’s shown flashes but can’t put it together, he needs to shoot more and really put himself into the play. He has a really good shot. In the beginning of the year before Zib went down, Buch was everywhere. I remember noticing how much Buch improved, he was hustling and backchecking and even threw some hits. He’d hold onto the puck instead of immediately passing it off. He was looking pretty good defensively(when Buch tries to play defense and hustles, he’s actually pretty good from eye test alone. When his confidence is low it almost seems like he doesn’t care about playing defense.)
    Then by the end of the year, he looked so shy and afraid to do anything. Once he’d get the puck he’d just make a safe pass, he wasn’t hustling and didn’t look involved at all. With a player like Buchnevich you have to be careful, he needs his confidence back and I’m hoping the next coach we have gives him consistent minutes/linemates. When his confidence is low and he’s bouncing around, he plays like ****. It sucks and it is a lot of Buch’s fault but we have to be patient with someone as skilled as him. I really like him but he has to find consistency and start hustling every shift. He was actually the prospect that started my interest for prospects. Was showing my friends highlights and saying he’ll be a stud. My friend is an Isles fan and we’ve had numerous debates on Barzal vs Buch before this year as well, I’m upset on how that turned out
    Crazy prediction-I think he gets moved at the draft. (Not that I want him to)

12. Matz03

Matz03 Registered User

Buch has had good starts to his first two NHL seasons and he came along a long way year over year though both seasons got side tracked by injuries. Losing Kreider & Zib clearly had an impact on his production, lacked some chemistry with others, then the concussion had another impact to end his year. Just like Zib disappeared for 30 games after his concussion, it looked to me Buch still hasn't recovered from that. Another good season training in CT, getting stronger and some rest should hopefully get him right back on track for his 23 yo season.

Panarin was 25 when he debuted fo Chicago? Buch turned 23 earlier this week. He has two more years of developing before you make a fair comparison. My guess is he'll at the minimum become a solid 2nd line winger for us.

13. Amazing Kreiderman

Datacenter manager
    Why are we comparing Buchnevich to Panarin? They are completely different players.

14. UnSandvich

UnSandvich Registered User

Honestly, I think Buch was still getting over the concussion to end the year. Maybe not feeling the effects, but not up to the gamespeed he was at prior to it. And yet he still put up 23 more points than his first season in just 33 more games. While shooting at 5% lower than his rookie year

15. Inferno

Inferno Registered User

Web Design, Marketing.
    Home Page:
    Buch is a heck of a passer. One of our most skilled playmakets...he just doesn't shoot enough so everyone always plays him to pass.

UnSandvich and Speedtrials like this.
  16. SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR Registered User

Project Manager
    Panarin is a lazy gutless Russian, haven't you heard?

17. ThirdEye

ThirdEye Registered User

Panarin >>>>>>> Buch

Still, absolutely no reason to trade him now

18. Amazing Kreiderman

Datacenter manager
    In 20 minutes, he will take the ice for Russia.

19. SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR Registered User

Project Manager
    As a side note, I didn't realize that Panarin scored his first NHL goal against Hank. Dude loves scoring against us.

20. Irishguy42

Irishguy42 Registered User Sponsor

In 8 games against the Rangers, he has 10 goals and 3 assists.

Loves playing against us, and because he's with CBJ, we will suffer some more.

SnowblindNYR likes this.
  21. The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy Registered User

how did he play?

22. EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski Registered User

Financial Advisor
  23. Kovalev27

Kovalev27 BEST IN THE WORLD

Be great to read in English if anyone can translate?

24. NYRFANMANI

NYRFANMANI beyond good and evil

student, internet surfer
    "Says Alain Vigneault did not talk to the players, and that he and others played scared because one bad game could result in you going on the fourth line."

So glad, this pos chapter is over with ... that **** of a coach. We all knew it. I don't know if I want to hear more from our players on AV, not that we need more confirmation or reminders.

egelband likes this.
  25. Holden the Stick

Holden the Stick Volveré a brillar con vos

Google translate from Russian is actually very good, some wacky phrasing but you can get 95% of something like this when you know the context

I'm not as fussed about the AV stuff as you guys, we all saw how he dealt with Buch's minutes and we all know he's hands-off with the players. No Kovalchuk question is interesting because I'm sure they chatted about that, the website links to the old story ten days ago where they say he's signing here.

Unlike most American or Canadian players Buch doesn't sound like an automaton, even with goofy Google Robot Russian transcripts.

egelband and Harbour Dog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.