Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Vesey is not a 4th line player. AV was an imbecile with Vesey. He's a big guy with very good hands. He should be a fixture on the 2nd PP unit and in front of the net. Hayes really showed a ton of improvement once that dope Miller stopped taking his role role. I think we see Vesey take a big step up next year.

Not a fan of Buchnevich's game. I would easily trade him if it could move me from the 20th pick in this draft to 12 to 14.
It has, once again, been noted for the record.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Vesey is not a 4th line player. AV was an imbecile with Vesey. He's a big guy with very good hands. He should be a fixture on the 2nd PP unit and in front of the net. Hayes really showed a ton of improvement once that dope Miller stopped taking his role role. I think we see Vesey take a big step up next year.

Not a fan of Buchnevich's game. I would easily trade him if it could move me from the 20th pick in this draft to 12 to 14.

You'd be on the Mt Rushmore of bad GMs with that.

We don't have the 20th, and if we did, moving Buch to move 6-8 spots would be unbelievably dumb.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
You'd be on the Mt Rushmore of bad GMs with that.

We don't have the 20th, and if we did, moving Buch to move 6-8 spots would be unbelievably dumb.
I would move him to be able to move up and grab let’s say Tkachuk at 5 or 6. Buch plus one of our late firsts and a third to get to 5 or 6. Then we pick twice in the top ten

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The two "North 'Murica!" posters agree with each other that one of the Rangers' most talented young players who barely played a season in the NHL in total games needs to be traded. Color me shocked.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Both Buch and Vesey are moveable in my eyes for the right price. Buch is worth a bit more though. For instance Chicago's 1st this year for Buch--I would probably do that. Vesey won't get that.

Vesey's up for a contract this summer. He will get a raise but IMO he's a $1.5 mil player.

Both players will be entering their third seasons and this will be their second coach. Both will need to make progress. Buch will be up for a contract next year. He's going to need to improve on his numbers too. 14 goals and 43 points is mediocre second line production. When you get mediocre production from your top 6 players you'll have a mediocre team. He won't (or shouldn't) get a big payday if he produces around the same as he did this year. It's his year to step up. Same with Vesey.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Both Buch and Vesey are moveable in my eyes for the right price. Buch is worth a bit more though.

Vesey's up for a contract this summer. He will get a raise but IMO he's a $1.5 mil player. For instance Chicago's 1st this year--I would probably do for Buch. Vesey won't get that.

Both players will be entering their third seasons and this will be their second coach. Both will need to make progress. Buch will be up for a contract next year. He's going to need to improve on his numbers too. 14 goals and 43 points is mediocre second line production. When you get mediocre production from your top 6 players you'll have a mediocre team. He won't (or shouldn't) get a big payday if he produces around the same as he did this year. It's his year to step up. Same with Vesey.
vesey has played almost 50 more games then buch in his career and has 8 less points then him?

i hate the narrative that a 22 year old with 115 nhl games of experience will never get any better

you guys want a rebuild but expect players to come in at 21 and put up 80 points.....it doesnt work that way

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
The two "North 'Murica!" posters agree with each other that one of the Rangers' most talented young players who barely played a season in the NHL in total games needs to be traded. Color me shocked.
Let’s have a team full of Russians coached by a French Canadian passifist. Much more enjoyable hockey no?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
vesey has played almost 50 more games then buch in his career and has 8 less points then him?

i hate the narrative that a 22 year old with 115 nhl games of experience will never get any better

you guys want a rebuild but expect players to come in at 21 and put up 80 points.....it doesnt work that way

One of the things that concerns me about Buchnevich is his build. IMO what he needs to do more than anything else is get bigger and stronger and I'm not sure his body is going to be able to do that. He had a very good first half of the season. Post concussion he became very shy going into traffic areas. FWIW he's hardly the first player to do that after a concussion--many players do. FWIW I believe he was one of the guys that Gorton referenced as not stepping up after the deadline trades. IMO he's got enough talent where he could put up 35-40 points a season from the perimeter but that's not where we need him to be. He's got to get into the circles and into the corners. He's got to get into areas around the net more. That's where people score goals the most. If he's not doing that next year I don't see him improving.

If I were to trade him now--I'd want a lot back for him. To me Chicago's 1st this year is quite a lot. You're talking possibly someone like Farabee or Dobson. It's a good draft. That would be a good return.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

Crosby, AO, Kane, Matthews, McDavid, Laine, Malkin, Kessel, Barkov all did it so what’s Buch waiting for? If he had it in him and he was sooooooo talented he’d be steamrolling the league.

Same goes for Kreider, Hayes, and anyone else who is the property of the NYR. Either get generational or get out. This is NY we do it differently with grit, super-talents and North-South bloody nose hockey. Ain’t nobody got time for a ‘rebuild’.

The solution you’ve been waiting for? It’s simple. Just trade our whole talent pool and all draft picks for 1-2 generationals: 2 if they are over 28, only 1 if he is younger than 23 and I’m willing to add in Benoit Allairre if the generational player is 20 and younger.

Finally, please be aware that I am being completely sarcastic.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Crosby, AO, Kane, Matthews, McDavid, Laine, Malkin, Kessel, Barkov all did it so what’s Buch waiting for? If he had it in him and he was sooooooo talented he’d be steamrolling the league.

Same goes for Kreider, Hayes, and anyone else who is the property of the NYR. Either get generational or get out. This is NY we do it differently with grit, super-talents and North-South bloody nose hockey. Ain’t nobody got time for a ‘rebuild’.

The solution you’ve been waiting for? It’s simple. Just trade our whole talent pool and all draft picks for 1-2 generationals: 2 if they are over 28, only 1 if he is younger than 23 and I’m willing to add in Benoit Allairre if the generational player is 20 and younger.

Finally, please be aware that I am being completely sarcastic.
thank god i almost spit up my lunch

Reactions: romba

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
One of the things that concerns me about Buchnevich is his build. IMO what he needs to do more than anything else is get bigger and stronger and I'm not sure his body is going to be able to do that. He had a very good first half of the season. Post concussion he became very shy going into traffic areas. FWIW he's hardly the first player to do that after a concussion--many players do. FWIW I believe he was one of the guys that Gorton referenced as not stepping up after the deadline trades. IMO he's got enough talent where he could put up 35-40 points a season from the perimeter but that's not where we need him to be. He's got to get into the circles and into the corners. He's got to get into areas around the net more. That's where people score goals the most. If he's not doing that next year I don't see him improving.

If I were to trade him now--I'd want a lot back for him. To me Chicago's 1st this year is quite a lot. You're talking possibly someone like Farabee or Dobson. It's a good draft. That would be a good return.
i can get on board with what your saying...if he bulks up this summer and plays a more complete game he can be a stud

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Buch is pretty good offensively and competent defensively, while Vesey is Average offensively and an eyesore defensively. Its easy to see whose more complete.
1 goal in the last 30 games is “pretty good offensively” oh jeeze.

One word i can come with with Buch during the last half of the season, lazy.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
HF casual racism.

What a time.
You don't understand what race is.

1 goal in the last 30 games is “pretty good offensively” oh jeeze.

One word i can come with with Buch during the last half of the season, lazy.
Yes, if we can ignore more than half the season and also assists, you make a pretty decent argument.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You don't understand what race is.

Yes, if we can ignore more than half the season and also assists, you make a pretty decent argument.
Hmm, wel he hasnt even played 2 full seasons yet so where should I be elvautating him? His junior season when he was 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->