Pavel Buchnevich First NHL Hat Trick (On his Birthday!)

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I was hoping for 4 shutouts of the Devils in a row, that would be justice for the Brodeur days when they would just murder us every game. Buch is playing amazing, it helps to have Panarin to pass you the puck as well.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
8477402.jpg

Was this his reaction?
Pretty much, yeah. But with an evil little beard.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers ruined Shestyorkin stats this game, should’ve locked up the score after 4-0

On the bright side, if that doesn't happen, Buchnevich doesn't get his first hat-trick.

But I do agree. It's unfair on Shestyorkin that his SV% and the xG make it seem like he played poorly. One of those games where the eye-test and stats are completely opposed in regards to the play of the goalie.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
We already dealt 2 7ths in the deal for Kucherov, which ultimately got us Seider, and now another one. Are you really going to tell me we're not getting to pick in the 7th round until 2024?
It's one of the sevenths they acquired as a sweetener in the Mackinnon deal

Reactions: DutchNYR

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I mean, I think he leeches off Panarin but he has the skill and hands to play with him. If Chytil doesnt show improvement, I think they kind of need to keep him
Chytil gets garbage amount of TOI and no pp time. He's been pretty productive for the position he's in and you can't really ask much more of him until they decide to give him more of an opportunity.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Was at the game with my boys. Buch is suddenly a star 2-way winger. I am one of his biggest critics but he really shut me up this season. Panarin is so dominant. Small dude but plays huge. Jack Hughes is a lot better in person. I think he has the potential to be a top-tier forward in a couple of years. He is a pleasure to watch, IQ through the roof.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Chytil gets garbage amount of TOI and no pp time. He's been pretty productive for the position he's in and you can't really ask much more of him until they decide to give him more of an opportunity.
Yep if he got legit pp time which he won’t due to the backlog of forwards waiting to get pp time on this team he would be easily on pace for 50-55 pts as a 21 year old. He still has room for improvement tho

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Yeah agreed. Chytil not showing improvement really has the potential to f*** up the contracts. His vision has been an issue.

No, it hasn't. The coach being blind has been an issue. Chytil plays 7 to 8 minutes less than Strome with no PP time (Strome gets 4+ per game) and no ice with Panarin, Fox, etc. Chytil is still on pace for 44 points in 82 games. He's got 7 in his last 10 (Strome has 10 in the last 10). The only thing Chytil is having trouble seeing right now is an opportunity.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
No, it hasn't. The coach being blind has been an issue. Chytil plays 7 to 8 minutes less than Strome with no PP time (Strome gets 4+ per game) and no ice with Panarin, Fox, etc. Chytil is still on pace for 44 points in 82 games. He's got 7 in his last 10 (Strome has 10 in the last 10). The only thing Chytil is having trouble seeing right now is an opportunity.

That entire kid line could benefit from spending more time with Lindgren-Fox than Hajek-Smith. It would fix the transition issues they sometimes have. But DQ is an idiot so I doubt it will change..

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
What do you think his next contract looks like Rangers fans?

He’s always been good, but this years he’s really taken it to another level. He’s not old, so I imagine they’ll look to lock him up to a long term deal.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018

He’s always been good, but this years he’s really taken it to another level. He’s not old, so I imagine they’ll look to lock him up to a long term deal.

That's the rub, many of us fear that he will be a cap casualty and moved. Kreider's contract/nmc and Trouba's contract/nmc and the upcoming $ to the youngsters...something is gonna give. I'd love to find a way to keep him.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Oliver Bjorkstrand contract and then add between .5M-1M, along with a year or two, so something like 5.9-6.4M for 6 or 7 years. A NMC/NTC or lack thereof always can change these numbers.

If he went to the open market, he’d probably get 7M and a NMC.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad