Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
hm, i searched, but i only found this:

Junior Try-Outs
The Maple Leafs invited a few undrafted junior prospects to the camp to see what they may be able to offer the team down the road. Ben Ondrus, a forward from Swift Current (and teammate of Jeremy Williams and Ian White), made his second trip to a Leafs camp, and impressed everyone with his effort. The 20-year-old clicked well on a line with Williams and Sagat, crashing the net with meaning, and consistently getting open for his more talented linemates. Ondrus’ efforts earned him a longer look with the Leafs in Toronto. He could earn a spot in St. John’s, effectively replacing Riley Cote in the organization, who left the team to join the Syracuse Crunch during the off-season.

Andre Benoit of the Kitchener Rangers and Chris Campoli of the Erie Otters impressed with their play along the blue line. They were both reliable defensively, and each showed confidence when they jumped into the rush offensively. Benoit was returned to the Rangers a day before camp ended to participate in his team’s home opener, and responded with an eight point effort. Both players will be worth following this year in the OHL.

Other players who participated in the camp included Belleville forward Rane Carnegie, St. Mike’s forward Craig Foster, Brampton forward Tyler Harrison, and Kitchener forward Nathan O’Nabigon. Carnegie was nursing a sore ankle throughout, and did not get to participate in all of the scrimmages. Tyler, a huge 6'6" center, is the younger brother of Jay Harrison. All of the invited players put in good efforts, and the experience should help them in their upcoming junior seasons.

no paulo colaiacovo mentionned :dunno:

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
Johnny Danger said:
no paulo colaiacovo mentionned :dunno:

Paulo was at the leafs rookie orientation camp in toronto in july.

they invited him so they would have two goalies for the on-ice sessions (todd ford was the other keeper).

he was not invited to their kitchener camp in september (mike minard, jf racine, seb centomo and todd ford were there).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
HabzIsLife said:
he shoulda been a D-man, they would b set

Carlo-Paolo

the leafs would have this sick duo who have a proven chemistry since they've been playing for.... forever :D

They'd be like the Leafs backend Sedins.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
I am still really stumped about Paulo not getting the oppurtunity by an NHL organization. I live in Barrie, and I have watched him play. He is simply the most dependable goalie this franchise has ever seen. Better than David Chant, Brian Finley... whomever. I've watched Paulo take consecutive 35 - 40 Shot games... And his Save percentage has always been his strong point because of such. He maintains the Colts streak of never having missed the play-offs as the Colts can open up a game, and know that their goalie is a good bet to outperform the other on any given night... I honestly think this kid has what it takes to some day be a backup at least in the NHL, if not an outside chance at being the starter.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Ghost # 1 said:
I am still really stumped about Paulo not getting the oppurtunity by an NHL organization. I live in Barrie, and I have watched him play. He is simply the most dependable goalie this franchise has ever seen. Better than David Chant, Brian Finley... whomever. I've watched Paulo take consecutive 35 - 40 Shot games... And his Save percentage has always been his strong point because of such. He maintains the Colts streak of never having missed the play-offs as the Colts can open up a game, and know that their goalie is a good bet to outperform the other on any given night... I honestly think this kid has what it takes to some day be a backup at least in the NHL, if not an outside chance at being the starter.

Agreed, He is easily the best goalie in the OHL and singlehandedly keeps the Colts in games some nights.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
HUH? Best goalie in the O? I don't know where you get that from...I'm not putting the guy down, honest...I have been impressed with him too...but I can think of at least one that is more impressive to me, David Schantz - Ice Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->