Confirmed with Link: Paul Wilson named SVP, Public Affairs and Communications for Groupe CH

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This move means a Cup is in the teams future as they need him to communicate it to the fans.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Paul Wilson is on at 91.9 Sports FM right now for anyone is interested.

Heard that segment. He's now doing a milk run on 690.

I'm sure the job is important from a Molson group standpoint but I don't get the impact from a Hab fan perspective.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He’s explaining how he wants to do things, media availability, this sort of thing. He’s actually interesting and with his name I wasn’t expecting him to be québécois français

Reactions: Runner77

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
He’s explaining how he wants to do things, media availability, this sort of thing. He’s actually interesting and with his name I wasn’t expecting him to be québécois français
I would think in this position being 100 percent bilingual would be a requirement. And that would be fair.

Reactions: jaffy27

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Media availability is a bone that TSN690 is constantly picking at with the Habs. They are the broadcast rights holders yet they often have (or had) an incredibly hard time getting access to players, coaches and other front office staff, especially when things weren't going so well on the ice and pointed questions might be expected.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Media availability is a bone that TSN690 is constantly picking at with the Habs. They are the broadcast rights holders yet they often have (or had) an incredibly hard time getting access to players, coaches and other front office staff, especially when things weren't going so well on the ice and pointed questions might be expected.

Considering last year they had Gallagher on every Monday and this past season they had that with Benn, I'd say TSN690 has more than other stations.

Michel Langevin asked the same thing to Wilson this morning. That they'd like to have more player/coach/management availability for radio interviews.

It would be fun to listen to those types of interviews, though.

Reactions: PhysicX and jaffy27

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Interviews are useless unless you like being pandered to and hearing a bunch of stupid cliches.

Honestly, I'd rather interviews from more than MB. Hearing head of scouting talk about how he sees his players, the motivation to draft them, their potential, etc...

Hearing director of player development speak about which players can surprise, have improved the most, etc...

It can still be generic but at least it's not as boring as the same questions to same guy over and over.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I only heard one quote where he says that 'montreal fans are most passionate in da world' and that was it - a stupid cliche for those who never travels.

Wrong. He didn't say most passionate in the world. He said out of all the companies he's worked with, he said the Canadiens fans are by far the most passionate clientele of an enterprise he's ever worked with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->