Confirmed with Link: Paul Stastny to VGK 3 years

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So this is what it feels like to see my team sign top free agents.

Sorry, after following the Sens for a long time, this is a new experience for me. ;)

Anyways, Statnsy baby. Go Knights Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

Pauly Walnuts? :dunno:

Casper was the nickname most Avs fans had for him after signing his huge deal with them. He went from nearly a point a game player to umm I forgot. It was so bad I blocked it out. He was so bad he got pushed to 3C. But he does play a very responsible defensive game and while not a great scorer, he can add scoring and is a good playmaker. I think Haula will be better on the wing with Tuch with Stazz centering it. Wild Bill can now take time off from being on the PK unit.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
This is a brilliant deal, not being locked into anything big or risky.

Statsny being a center opens up a huge variety of potential lineup combinations.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wow. Stastny is a HUGE addition. The term is perfect and getting him at only 6.5m AAV for 3 years is a steal.

This is where the cinderella success story pays off. The Knights have attracted one of the marquee free agents, and they didn't have to overspend or give him a ridiculous contract. Moving Haula to LW and adding a great 2-way playmaker that's a legitimate top 2 C, has one of the best FO% in the league AND just had a great playoff run (until he played us, hehe) is a massive upgrade over Perron.

:pcheer::pcheer::pcheer:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Wow. Stastny is a HUGE addition. The term is perfect and getting him at only 6.5m AAV for 3 years is a steal.

This is where the cinderella success story pays off. The Knights have attracted one of the marquee free agents, and they didn't have to overspend or give him a ridiculous contract. Moving Haula to LW and adding a great 2-way playmaker that's a legitimate top 2 C, has one of the best FO% in the league AND just had a great playoff run (until he played us, hehe) is a massive upgrade over Perron.

:pcheer::pcheer::pcheer:
Blues fan here. Stastny is a great 2 way forward who plays good defense and is strong on penalty kill in addition to creating chances.

One problem with stastny is he is incredibly injury prone and usually misses time each season. Last year was the first time he stayed on the ice all year in a long time. prior to that he averaged 63 games a year the past 5 seasons

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
In the 2018 playoffs Stastny had 6 goals in 23 shots (26,1%).. that's good for this type of player. Especially in the playoffs, anything above 15% seems to me like a balanced effort.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I've always like Stastny. It's a little rich, but he is a two way forward type they wanted for fit and they had to pay for him. Sometimes with the FAs you can't be sure you'll get that full ice effort but with him that is not a concern.

Plus it hurts a projected playoff rival who should be a deep playoff team again next year. So pretty happy with how things are looking thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad