Paul Ranger

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
lets give him some more games to see if he can find his game..

he'll find his game, no doubt about it. He missed so much time and the speed of the NHL games is not something you can pick-up quickly. I watched him a lot in the AHL and he's going to be fantastic, in time.

His mistakes are due to misreading the quickness of the opposing forwards, the anticipation. It's the hardest part for any defenseman, especially a guy who's been out of the league for so long.

Ranger's a good one on a great contract.

Gardiner's been disappointing but he too needs time.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
At what point do they send Ranger down or to the press box? So far, and I know it's early, he has looked out of place and a step behind.

See I hate this "its early comment" at what point is the right moment... the 10 game mark? 20-30 game mark? Ranger has had all of training camp, all of preseason (9 full games) and 4 (counting tonight) regular season games to get his act together and so far he's shown he's a big POS, sorry but it's true.

If you want to be a successful team you play your best players and you get rid of your weak links, right now Phaneuf/Gunnar/Gardiner/Franson/Rielly are all ahead of him, Fraser is too but he's injured, so right now he's #7 which means he sits when Fraser is back.

Ace88*

Ranger was by far our worst defenseman tonight. Phaneuf was excellent, rielly was excellent, Gardiner was ok, Franson was ok, Gunnarsson was fairly bad and Ranger was just awful. Terrible. Really disappointed.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
but guys, he's dealt with emotional issues in the past, lets not be mean to Paul...who cares if he's costing us wins.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Thought he played excellent to start up the game. Mistakes piled on in the latter half. However he's been improving each game.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Terrible. Going to give him 10 games maybe before the rust excuse is over. He is the worst Dman at going back for a puck. He's also pretty useless at first passes. Hopefully that is just from the layoff.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
He's looked sluggish.
He's handling the puck like a grenade.
His hockeysense has been atrocious so far.
Throwing the puck into dangerous areas and making low % plays.

It honestly looks like hes out there playing shinny with some buddies after getting just hammered the previous night. If he has one more game like the previous 4, I see no way they can throw him out again.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
He's obviously not used to playing in the NHL. We can't discount him yet and it's not like the alternatives are anything special. Wait until at least Fraser comes back to scapegoat him.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Bit of an exaggeration. I'll chalk it up to your post-game emotions. Ranger played an excellent first half, whether you noticed it or not.

I think excellent is a bit of an exaggeration. Or have our standards slipped that much? The guy is not even a #4 d-man at this point. He's useful as a #7.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
He needs to sit, but do the Leafs even have cap space to bring anyone up? The only solution is to send him down, but I'm sure Nonis would rather keep him as a 7th D at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad