Paul Postma out long term with blood clot

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Postma-shoots-300x200.jpg

According to Ted Wyman from the Sun he's out long term. Will alert when we find out more.

This comes from Coach Noel's pre-game presser. Will have audio up soon.

For more, click here.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That is an extremely serious and scary ailment. Hoping for good health and recovery

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
This really sucks and is very scary. I hope he's okay, that it's not as serious as it sounds and he's back soon. I've really been rooting for him this season and I thought the last couple games were amongst his best. He really seemed to be settling down and gaining in confidence.

Anyone know the ETA on Redmond's injury? Good thing we have all this right handed depth!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Damn, that sucks. Wish him all the best, hopefully the Jets medical team figures out the best treatment for him.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
This really sucks and is very scary. I hope he's okay, that it's not as serious as it sounds and he's back soon. I've really been rooting for him this season and I thought the last couple games were amongst his best. He really seemed to be settling down and gaining in confidence.

Anyone know the ETA on Redmond's injury? Good thing we have all this right handed depth!

Well... With Postma, Redmond and Trouba all out, we're wearing thin.

cctyler

Apr 7, 2012

He's on their current road trip, although not playing yet. He'll need some conditioning time regardless.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Best wishes to him. Here is an good article about Fleischmann, who is able to play NHL hockey after problems with blood clots.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Good thing they caught it.
Trauma and long haul flights can be contributing factors. Not sure if teams have specific protocols in place to reduce incidences of blood clots. Thomas Fleischmann had this a couple of years back and is okay now. See Freudian's mention above.
All the best for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Kichton and Redmond are our only other pro-level RHD.

Kichton has been doing well offensively but not NHL calibre yet.

So if Trouba or Redmond aren't healthy soon we're stuck playing 4LD & 2RD. Didn't think of this when the season started. Bogo & Buff better stay healthy and avoid the wrath of Shanny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad