Waived: Paul Postma (BOS), Jussi Jokinen (CBJ), Cody Golobeuf (CgY), Lance Bouma (CHI), and a bunch more

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Every time I see someone say how bad Chris Stewart is I think Anthony Stewart and go "yeah, of course he's bad", then I realize that Chris Stewart is a completely different guy who use to be a really solid player and wonder what happened...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Every time I see someone say how bad Chris Stewart is I think Anthony Stewart and go "yeah, of course he's bad", then I realize that Chris Stewart is a completely different guy who use to be a really solid player and wonder what happened...
Stewart has his faults, but also weird strengths. VERY popular in the dressing room.

Oblivion

Oct 2, 2008
Calgary
Calgary literally just signed Golobeuf, what the hell? He won't be claimed, but still a very strange move. Maybe they didn't intend to ever play him in the NHL?

With Hamilton/Hamonic/Stone all healthy I don't think anyone anticipated him to be anything more than a call up anyway. Presuming that the timing is such that they wanted to give him the opportunity to play at the Olympics and still ensures that he'd be eligible as a call up if need be the playoffs.

It was quite certainly a nothing deal and they'd just need to waive him to allow him to return to Stockton where he's been playing anyway.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Is Lance Bouma any good? I remember he always played hard against the Canucks...

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
If the Jets package Petan, Lemieux and Matthias in a trade, or intend on it I suppose, I wouldn't dislike claiming Chris Stewart.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Burrowa will be picked up by a playoff team.

He is clutch, a pest and a defends well.

Thoae are good attributea to have in april

You clearly haven’t watched him this year. He’s none of those things. Plus he still has another year at 2.5 million.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is Oduya the depth defenseman the Jets want for their playoff run? I take it he would be an improvement over Chariot. I would’ve offered a 5th or so for him, but since he is free they might want to scoop him.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I was wondering if Oduya would be a good depth defense and for the Pens. I like to have 8 NHL defensemen for the playoffs and after trading Cole we could use another. Does Oduya have enough left in the tank for one last playoff run and could be compete with Hunwick and take that 6 spot?

The cap hit would fit, that’s why I was wondering.

I think he would be this year's version of Mark Streit, I would not mind picking him up just due to his pedigree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->