Confirmed with Link: Paul McFarland hired as Kingston (OHL) Head Coach. Will depart Leafs after Season (Upd: and new GM)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Lol i never thought of that ha. How F****** true eh good pick up
I still remember McFarland as a kid watching him with JRC win GTHL championship every year. Kid was an amazing player. By far best on team. I think he almost got exceptional status to enter OHL draft early. Of all kid players he is one that really shocks me in not making it big in NHL. So now he has failed as a player and a coach. Rough start.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I'd rather Hakstol was let go, than MacFarland.
Gabby can take over the D/PK...it would be a move in the right direction
defensively.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I still remember McFarland as a kid watching him with JRC win GTHL championship every year. Kid was an amazing player. By far best on team. I think he almost got exceptional status to enter OHL draft early. Of all kid players he is one that really shocks me in not making it big in NHL. So now he has failed as a player and a coach. Rough start.
Well life is predominately failures. How you regroup and grind it out is what matters :) you always grow your game life or sports ha

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not sure what’s funny.

There’s people who already want Keefe and Dubas fired. Who the assistant coach is, is irrelevant to that. We could fire Keefe and hire Boudreau regardless if he’s on our bench or not.

If Keefe saw Bruce as a fit, and Bruce was interested, then it should happen.

I don’t see what the argument against that is :laugh:
It's funny that you are completely missing a simple point and think that it must be some type of Dubas/Keefe hate.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This was just on shooting luck. We were one of the worst teams in generating chances on the PP.

Our PP was massively inconsistent, we'd look really dangerous one game and create nothing for the next 4

Don't even get me started on the ******* zone entries, that drop pass even when we had no speed through the neutral zone was the dumbest thing I've ever seen

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Sorry, I don't get the reference.
I thought the Capitals didn't negotiate in good faith with Barry Trotz after their Cup win, and hired his assistant to replace him as head coach which some people including Barry took as their desired outcome from the outset. He wasn't in their plans.

He was replaced by his assistant even when they won the big prize.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's funny that you are completely missing a simple point and think that it must be some type of Dubas/Keefe hate.

Huh? No I’m not.

The poster (you?) said they wouldn’t bring in Boudreau because then he could be seen as a Keefe replacement and some fans would want him to replace Keefe.

I said that some people will want Keefe (and by extension, Dubas) gone, no matter who the assistant coaches are.

It directly correlates with the point I was addressing.

At the end of the day, if Bruce makes our coaching staff better, and he’s interested in being an AC for us, and Keefe sees him as a fit, I don’t know what some people wanting to replace Keefe has anything to do with it.

If there’s a point I’m missing, fair enough. Can you point it out or explain further?

Reactions: stickty111

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I thought the Capitals didn't negotiate in good faith with Barry Trotz after their Cup win, and hired his assistant to replace him as head coach which some people including Barry took as their desired outcome from the outset. He wasn't in their plans.

He was replaced by his assistant even when they won the big prize.
Got it.

This is more a Rookie Coach having an ex-player, long time coach in the wings with the media waiting to stir up some controversy.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Why bert?

IMO he hasn't done well enough with the PP - started out well but once teams adjusted, he was slow to adjust back .. Despite its ranking, it has a stretch in the season where is was awful, and it's been inconsistent. Basically riding a hot start and now more within the middle of the pack.

For the talent the Leafs have, that's not good enough. My expectation is that this should be a top 3, minimum, PP unit scoring at key moments in the game. I haven't found that it's come through nearly enough.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
For the talent we have the PP was way too inconsistent with little movement or deception, and zone entries were atrocious. Next.

Reactions: CincoHolio

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
This was just on shooting luck. We were one of the worst teams in generating chances on the PP.

Based on shooting luck or shooting skill. I think it is sustainable.
Also
We were the 2nd ranked PP in the leage once we removed Reilly from PP1. No coincidence adding a shooting threat helped.

Next bold move for the NHL. The 5F PP.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Probably for the best.

With the offensize talent that the Leafs have they should consistently be among the top pps in the league. No excuses for stagnation.

And re Boudreau - hes an amazing coach but you dont bring a guy like that in, especially after just giving a younger guy like Keefe the main job

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao and ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Dubas running out of people to blame, ditto for Keefe...............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->