Paul Maurice

• Thread starter Frank Booth239*
  • Start date

Frank Booth239*

Holy Crap. I didn't expect to see him as an announcer on TSN, right next to Aaron Ward. What, did the KHL get rid of him? Or wasn't he able to sell his pad in Wake Forest?

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Nah JR is planning on bringing him back in some way. :help:

I'm out for real if this happens. I don't care if he's in the front office doing some paperwork, but if he steps foot on the bench again I'm done.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Mo has a legit hockey mind. When guys like him, who really understand the game of hockey, do some work as analysts, it really highlights how cheated we are by getting stuck with Mike Millburys and Jeremy Roenicks.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Mo has a legit hockey mind. When guys like him, who really understand the game of hockey, do some work as analysts, it really highlights how cheated we are by getting stuck with Mike Millburys and Jeremy Roenicks.

Very much this.

I also find it funny that Maurice was always chastised for not "playing the kids" and relying too much on vets....and now we've found out that pretty much all of those kids were AHLers all along.

bluedevil58*

Don't you dare defend MO. That system he had sucked and was outdated. He had one fluke run in 2003 and another fluke run in 2009 with Lavi's team. The whole time our PP and offensive zone pressure blew. Do you remember the fire Maurice chants starting in the nose bleeds and working their way down on a nightly basis in 2011/2012? I sure do....

Reactions: Mbraunm

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Don't you dare defend MO. That system he had sucked and was outdated. He had one fluke run in 2003 and another fluke run in 2009 with Lavi's team. The whole time our PP and offensive zone pressure blew. Do you remember the fire Maurice chants starting in the nose bleeds and working their way down on a nightly basis in 2011/2012? I sure do....

Yes, the fans, the fans are always right!

By the way...the PP has sucked before and after Maurice. It's a common theme.

Why am I sparring with you? You're the bipolar one that changes his mind every day on the prospects of this team...

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

5 'fluke' playoff series wins as huge underdogs is a lot of 'fluke' playoff series wins.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
The 'Canes were above the league average in goals for during Mo's second tenure here. So were the Leafs in his two years there. They must have been really, really good at scoring off the rush if the "offensive zone pressure" blew.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Don't you dare defend MO. That system he had sucked and was outdated. He had one fluke run in 2003 and another fluke run in 2009 with Lavi's team.

This train of thought represents much of what I reject in a fan of the Carolina Hurricanes.

I like how "he had a fluke run with Lavi's team", ignoring the fact that "Lavi's team" was headed for an 11th place finish when he took over.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Section 328 yelling "MO! MUST! GO!" in place of "NO! NO! NO!" in "I Wanna Rock"... love those guys. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad