PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I like the line ice time distribution

But Jets played the Canucks.
They are gonna be a lottery team.

Hope it keeps up.
Hope the coach realize that his best asset is the teams depth at forward.

Its only common sense that you play Ehlers and Laine more 5on5 ice time they will eventually get better and better.
One is top 5 RW in the league and one is top 10 LW in the league the last 2 years.

Back to the coach.
His safe this year.
Jets will make the playoff by just showing up. But ofcourse we dont want that.

This is the JETS best window right now to win the cup. I dont expect major shake up anywhere including the coaching group.

If Jets go into a long losing streak then things can change quickly.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Agree with whoever posted that maybe a mod could change the title of the thread to just a Paul Maurice thread as there is no leash.

TvGGHQG.gif

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
2001-2002 Conference Champs?
OHL championship as head coach?

Yup. I said not including consolation prizes. Never won anything (the actual final championship) as a coach ever from what I could tell. Never won the Memorial Cup. Never won the Stanley Cup.

I am not talking about sub-championship level winning. We aren't Nashville, raising fake banners for not actually winning.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He just needs to put Laine up with Scheifele and Wheeler. Laine isn't really ready to drive plays yet, and the chemistry between the three is just amazing, just look at the powerplay.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Roslovic-Lemieux/Petan
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Reactions: Board Bard and GNP

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Yup. I said not including consolation prizes. Never won anything (the actual final championship) as a coach ever from what I could tell. Never won the Memorial Cup. Never won the Stanley Cup.

I am not talking about sub-championship level winning. We aren't Nashville, raising fake banners for not actually winning.

Umm, I'm not so sure about that.

11167404894_670f08992e_b.jpg

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Maurice is not getting fired this season. If they miss the playoffs I hope he's gone in the off-season.
Haha considering we are tracking for a 112 point season - not going to happen.

Maurice is a good coach. Guess what, we keep learning as we get older, and Maurice, even in his time here looks like he has learned things and used them in his coaching.

Is he perfect? God no. But he has earned the respect of all whether or not you like his style.

Reactions: ERYX and GNP

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
Funny in Teemu Selännes Hockey Hall of fame induction speech, he thank for his linemates so he no need to go to corners or do all the back checking so he can concentrate on where he is good: Scoring goals...When Maurice learns this?`

Reactions: thegr8one66

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Funny in Teemu Selännes Hockey Hall of fame induction speech, he thank for his linemates so he no need to go to corners or do all the back checking so he can concentrate on where he is good: Scoring goals...When Maurice learns this?`

You realize that's supposed to be a self-deprecating joke by Teemu, right?

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If CSW don't turn things around in the next two games and that line is still kept together by Maurice then I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to go all @sipowicz on the top line and Maurice's decision.

Reactions: Duke749 and GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If CSW don't turn things around in the next two games and that line is still kept together by Maurice then I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to go all @sipowicz on the top line and Maurice's decision.
They need to play better. They can play better. Hard to know how to get them to play better, but maybe breaking them up will light a fire under Scheifele and Wheeler. It's really mostly about their mentality and approach, I think. They turned it around last season, and will need to do so this season if the Jets are going to be a contender. I suppose the positive thing is that the Jets are winning on the basis of their other lines, so they have a lot of room for improvement when Scheifele/Wheeler get it rolling. I really can't see them in this funk all season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
They need to play better. They can play better. Hard to know how to get them to play better, but maybe breaking them up will light a fire under Scheifele and Wheeler. It's really mostly about their mentality and approach, I think. They turned it around last season, and will need to do so this season if the Jets are going to be a contender. I suppose the positive thing is that the Jets are winning on the basis of their other lines, so they have a lot of room for improvement when Scheifele/Wheeler get it rolling. I really can't see them in this funk all season.

I think the Jet's are winning with their high scoring defense, as our back end is second to none, when it comes to scoring. Look who we have back there=Morrissey, Buff, Myers, and Trouba who usually get on the score sheet. Along with our great depth on all lines, we're able to win without the 1st line playing well. That's good, because the 1st line we'll get their act together --they always do, and are true competitors.

Will we be able to do this against the "elite teams"--probably not, we need that 1st line to score.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He just needs to put Laine up with Scheifele and Wheeler. Laine isn't really ready to drive plays yet, and the chemistry between the three is just amazing, just look at the powerplay.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Roslovic-Lemieux/Petan
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

You don't get space 5 on 5, like the PP. You aren't breaking seams. You have to sustain offensive zone pressure. Neither of the 2 top lines are really going. Maybe switch the centres. Give Little more defensive duties. Ask Connor and Wheeler to play defensive roles with Little. I liked Ehlers-Scheif-Laine once upon a time. Bottom 2 lines can hold their own.

Maurice needs to get Wheeler going, leading like he did when Scheif went down.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
You don't get space 5 on 5, like the PP. You aren't breaking seams. You have to sustain offensive zone pressure. Neither of the 2 top lines are really going. Maybe switch the centres. Give Little more defensive duties. Ask Connor and Wheeler to play defensive roles with Little. I liked Ehlers-Scheif-Laine once upon a time. Bottom 2 lines can hold their own.

Maurice needs to get Wheeler going, leading like he did when Scheif went down.

Looking play by Scheifele with Wheeler and without Wheeler this season, I would like to start "Free Fefe" movement. Hashtag #freefefe.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Little - Wheeler

Those would be really balanced 1a/1b lines with equal TOI.

Connor - Scheifele - Laine
Ehlers - Little - Wheeler

Good lines, but I somehow think that would be more like 1. & 2. lines, given how good start Connor has had so far. I think Connor - Scheifele - Laine would be maybe the best scoring line ever for the Jets 2.0, but that could hurt the 2nd line a bit if Ehlers cannot break out his scoring slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad