Proposal: Paul Gaustad Proposal

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Hey Guys,

Just chiming in on a possible trade scenario. People were talking on the main boards about the bevvy of depth forwards that you have and that you may be looking to add some offensive potential that can play in a top 6 role.

This being said we have David Desharnais available because of our center depth (Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller) Desharnais is signed for 3 more years at 3.5 and Gaustad is signed for 3 more years at 3.25. If the habs offered the following how would you guys as a fan base feel about it?

To Nashville: David Desharnais (500k retained salary)
3rd round pick

To Montreal: Paul Gaustad

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
These two names have been proposed before.

I don't think Desharnais is an attractive piece for the build of this roster. The Preds were constructed, this off-season, with the idea of getting bigger, stronger, and grittier. Desharnais, as nice as his skill would be, just really doesn't fit the mold, and I'm just not sure he ends up producing much more than Fisher or Cullen would in this system. Gaustad, as overpaid as he is, plays a valuable role anchoring the 4th line, playing the PK, and being our main faceoff guy (currently among the league leaders). The value is probably more than fine, I'm just not sure it makes us that much better of a team.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
These two names have been proposed before.

I don't think Desharnais is an attractive piece for the build of this roster. The Preds were constructed, this off-season, with the idea of getting bigger, stronger, and grittier. Desharnais, as nice as his skill would be, just really doesn't fit the mold, and I'm just not sure he ends up producing much more than Fisher or Cullen would in this system. Gaustad, as overpaid as he is, plays a valuable role anchoring the 4th line, playing the PK, and being our main faceoff guy (currently among the league leaders). The value is probably more than fine, I'm just not sure it makes us that much better of a team.

Perhaps not during the season, is this something that would be more attractive in the offseason?

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
although I want to add offense I am not willing to trade Goose for Desharnais. In my oping Desharnais is a redundant piece.

We need someone that stands out, not more of the same. I understand Goose may not fetch that but that's what we need.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I would have not believed you if you told me this past off season people would be declining trade offers for Goose. Maybe we are doing ok so far hahaha

well, when we would be trading Goose for Goose 2.0, why bother

especially since Goose is turning out to be just what we pay him for... beastly in the dot, stands up for teammates, solid on the PK... unless mtl's player is going to score 10 more goals than goose, i'd pass...

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
The only knock on Goose is his high salary, and perhaps his lingering injury. Other than that, he's fully lived up to expectations IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad