Paul Fenton's Replacement

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
According to the Admirals Roundtable:

The Nashville Predators did not take long to react to yesterday’s news regarding Paul Fenton. The organization has promoted three individuals from within following Fenton’s move to the Minnesota Wild. Jeff Kealty has been named Assistant General Manager and Director of Scouting, Brian Poilebecomes an Assistant General Manager and Director of Hockey Operations, and Scott Nichol has taken over the role as General Manager of the Milwaukee Admirals and Director of Player Development.

Scott Nichol Named New Admirals General Manager

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I'm not sure Nichol is Fentons "replacement" at least not in the sense that Fenton was the clear 2nd in command. I'd think Kealty is probably now Poiles "top" Lieutenant

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If you live in Milwaukee, Scott Nichol is Fenton's replacement as per being the Admirals GM.

I believe that Nichol held the Director of Player Development title previous to the current changes. He visited here in recent years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm not sure Nichol is Fentons "replacement" at least not in the sense that Fenton was the clear 2nd in command. I'd think Kealty is probably now Poiles "top" Lieutenant

The Milwaukee newspaper agrees with me. It only had the part about Scott Nichol.

That makes me think you may be correct, because the MJS louses up so many stories!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Surprised the JS could be bothered to have something about the Admirals take up space in their paper. Although it looks like it was just a press release given to them by the Admirals.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Not sure what you mean? Are you saying it didn't happen? Or that it wasn't his fault?
It definitely happened. Somebody screwed up somewhere, but there were never any details as to what happened. Somebody joked that it was probably Poile's son. I guess because he's an easy target? Very well could have been his fault, but I'd say for something that bad to happen, there had to have been multiple mistakes made by multiple people, including David.
What happened? I’m not sure if I know of this.
Back in 2010? Preds didn't qualify RFAs in time before the deadline. So all the RFAs of that year technically could have become UFA on July 1st. They were all re-signed before then so nothing came of it.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Nobody was fired because it didn't matter since they signed the RFA's so it wasn't any big deal. It wasn't like Johansen and Arvy were RFA's. Can't remember exactly who they were but it wasn't anybody too significant.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dean Evason is leaving the Admirals to be an assistant for ... The Wild.

I blame Fenton for this!

It is on Facebook under Admirals.

John Anderson was let go, so there is some good news!

Dean Evason Named Assistant Coach of Minnesota Wild
Mike Russo touched on this in a recent podcast. He pointed out that it wasn't coincidental that there was a flurry of extensions and promotions in the Predators' front office the same day that the Wild announced Fenton as the new GM: those moves prevented Fenton from poaching those guys for his new front office. At the same time, Evason was allowed to go more or less with Nashville's blessing. His guess was that Scott Nichol was probably going to replace him with a coach of his own choosing anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad