Player Discussion Paul Carey

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Looked good. Those tap deflection passes were Cehlarikesque lol

Outside of one little mishap (leading to 4th goal) played a good game. Had a couple of opportunities close to net. Took the puck into the zone himself a few times.

Nice play that lead to McAvoy goal

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
To use a baseball term, he's a classic "4A" guy. Too good for AHL, not good enough for NHL.

He'll play a steady, boring game 90% of the time, but will never do anything to warrant sticking around for more than a few games.

Reactions: NoregreB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
To use a baseball term, he's a classic "4A" guy. Too good for AHL, not good enough for NHL.

He'll play a steady, boring game 90% of the time, but will never do anything to warrant sticking around for more than a few games.

We will have to see

could be at the front of the line for callups moving fwd

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He looked poised and not in over his head. A good trade, not going to set the world on fire or hurt the team on the ice. Rather see him than Nordstrom, Backes. Gives better all around play than a guy like Donato anyway. I'd like to see him get some games over Cehlarik.

Reactions: rocketdan9

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Was shocked to see a call up actually putting shots at the goalie and making them make saves. Usually it’s pass pass pass, shot at the glass.

Obviously shouldn’t be in the top 6, but he showed some chemistry with Coyle, wouldn’t hate seeing him as a winger for him on the 3rd line if we have a few forwards out of the lineup.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I thought he did just fine. I especially liked his willingness to shoot, normally the new guys pass the puck like it is a live grenade rather than take a shot when they have one. Didn't make any major mistakes either.

Reactions: Dr Hook

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I thought he did just fine. I especially liked his willingness to shoot, normally the new guys pass the puck like it is a live grenade rather than take a shot when they have one. Didn't make any major mistakes either.

True. Except Donato shot everything in sight

But Cehlarik basically was like....no you take it. I have open ice but you take it and I will follow

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Hope he gets in there again tonight to see him with a better lineup

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Good on him.

He seems to have really made a difference on that P Bruins lineup.

And he has obviously helped fill in for the big club during this plague of injuries.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I've only gotten to one Providence game this year, he really stood out to me.

JFK looked lazy and uninterested, was that just a bad night for him?
JFK has had a run of very good games but was better Friday than Saturday, didn't think he looked lazy though or maybe I'm used to seeing him play like that

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I've only gotten to one Providence game this year, he really stood out to me.

JFK looked lazy and uninterested, was that just a bad night for him?

The fact he hasn't been noticeable is a concern for me. For a forward it's bad as opposed to a defenseman.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
How does he not get an assist on this play? It goes right off his stick/skate to Krejci:

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
JFK has had a run of very good games but was better Friday than Saturday, didn't think he looked lazy though or maybe I'm used to seeing him play like that

Maybe it's just his style, plus you see more live as opposed to television. When he was playing the point on the PP he seemed to turn the puck over a bit and not kill himself to try and get it back.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The fact he hasn't been noticeable is a concern for me. For a forward it's bad as opposed to a defenseman.

JFK is pretty vanilla. i don't see a difference maker in that guy.

as for carey, heck of a player at the AHL level. he seems to just keep getting better.
providence is gonna make a run this spring. deep team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad