Player Discussion Paul Byron

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If the Oilers traded for him, I wonder how many goals he'd get playing with McDavid. I would put money on 30. He's not the flashiest player with the puck, but he has breakaway speed and knows how to get to the slot or to the side of the net to put in rebounds.

Surprised to see that the Oilers did not have another single 30 goal scorer besides McDavid, even the players that played with him.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
If the Oilers traded for him, I wonder how many goals he'd get playing with McDavid. I would put money on 30. He's not the flashiest player with the puck, but he has breakaway speed and knows how to get to the slot or to the side of the net to put in rebounds.

Surprised to see that the Oilers did not have another single 30 goal scorer besides McDavid, even the players that played with him.
Man the speed of McDavid and Byron together! Seesh we would need a Byron 2.0 defense to keep up with these guys lol

Reactions: mariolemieux66

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
This season's misery just won't end. What's next? Leafs win the cup! ?

They made the playoffs, so technically they already did

I love Byron. Uber shrewd move by the village idiot. That said, I'd trade him at deadline. I'm pretty sure he would be valued better elsewhere than he is here. Classic conundrum: sure we'd need him, but a f*** load more team would too and all things considered, we could replaced him with... something - doesn't matter, anything.

As for his injury: it's all bergevin's fault. Everything is. He pushed his trainers and doctors to tell Byron to pipe down. That's how far he goes. I know.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
The stupidity of the management does not know any limit. If Stu Gowan info is solid the habs played the guy for close to two and a half months while injured. Six month recovery you do the math. Instead of having a shortened training Summer he won't have any. This is a team that was out of the playoff picture by December!

"Byron’s shoulder injury probably occurred late in the third period of a game in St. Louis on Jan. 30"

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The stupidity of the management does not know any limit. If Stu Gowan info is solid the habs played the guy for close to two and a half months while injured. Six month recovery you do the math. Instead of having a shortened training Summer he won't have any. This is a team that was out of the playoff picture by December!

"Byron’s shoulder injury probably occurred late in the third period of a game in St. Louis on Jan. 30"

I especially worry about the long term effects of playing injured coming back too soon - in particular with Weber and Danault, and now Byron.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

Agreed. They should have shut him down on Feb. 1st and scheduled the surgery. He could have been ready to go in time for training camp (either the Habs' or some other team's) Instead he has become yet another untradeable asset.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
so, after the marvelous season the Habs just had, they're guaranteed to start the next 1 regular short already...

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount

You dont have all the info

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I would not be surprised if it's a management decision. Players done for the season is not good for the sale of tickets.
Bergevin really thought his team's "ATTITUDE" would work itself out and that they would make the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs, even having a damaged shoulder healing up.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

We were out of the playoff picture way before December.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I knew it Paul Biron will be ready for the 1st game of the season, I have no doubt about it.

Reactions: Lurch

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I knew it Paul Biron will be ready for the 1st game of the season, I have no doubt about it.

Very possible. He and Shaw both had surgery in April with a 6-month rehabilitation period. That would mark their return in October. Sometimes the time period they give is longer than the actual time required. So they can either be back in time for Game 1 or miss just a week or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad