Player Discussion Paul Byron

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I seriously never understood why some fans were saying last season was a fluke. It made it seem like he came out of nowhere by completly ignoring the fact that he was also scoring goals in his first season with us.

He had 11 goals in 62 games with us the first season. If he played a full season he would have had 15 goals.

Even if he was going to regress it wasn’t going to be by much. After playing on pace for 15 goals in year 1 and 22 goals in year 2. I thought his chance was decent to do a repeat.

Congratulations to Ti Paul Biron on his first hat trick.

hell I never understood the bellyaching at his contract. Look at his stats even in Calgary. He was pacing for 10-15 goals in just about all his years. Even first year Byron with us would've been a nice contract for 1.1 million. Just bizarre that people thought it was a bad contract even at the time.

Now it's looking like one of the best contracts in the NHL. Less than a third of Gallagher's already amazing contract cap hit wise.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
You can measure height and weight.

You can`t measure heart.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
It's not only heart to be honest, he's actually a good hockey player... Go Paul Go!
They`re all `good`players.

What sets alot of them apart is how bad they want to succeed.

The kid brings it virtually every shift.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They`re all `good`players.

What sets alot of them apart is how bad they want to succeed.

The kid brings it vitually every shift.

He scored 37 goals and 33 goals in the OHL before graduating... I mean he's not some sort of scrub on a great run, he's actually a skilled little fellow!

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He scored 37 goals and 33 goals in the OHL before graduating... I mean he's not some sort of scrub on a great run, he's actually a skilled little fellow!
Byron is a very good hockey player and its not everyone thats 5'8" 170 pounds with skills that is going to make it. The difference is many instance is the determination and Byron as a lot ot it. He finishes his checks, will take one to make a play and he goes to the net, which is impressivr considering his size. He looks like an office geek more than a hockey player.

Reactions: Runner77

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Where did I say he was a scrub?

If you look very carefully between lines, you`ll see there is nothing there.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Byron is a very good hockey player and its not everyone thats 5'8" 170 pounds with skills that is going to make it. The difference is many instance is the determination and Byron as a lot ot it. He finishes his checks, will take one to make a play and he goes to the net, which is impressivr considering his size. He looks like an office geek more than a hockey player.
This might be the first time I agree with you but yes, Paul is great!

Jul 6, 2016

Not in the OHL. In the Q for Gatineau.

Reactions: KKWG11

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
CHL, who cares.. The point was that he was an offensive player.

The reason he went on waivers is that he wasn't producing points. Flames needed to replace the zeroes even though they liked his game.

He had a ton of breakaways in Calgary too, but couldn't convert them. No way they thought they'd lose him in waivers.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The reason he went on waivers is that he wasn't producing points. Flames needed to replace the zeroes even though they liked his game.

He had a ton of breakaways in Calgary too, but couldn't convert them. No way they thought they'd lose him in waivers.

Well , he finally put it together and we're profiting from it.. But the potential was always there.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Well , he finally put it together and we're profiting from it.. But the potential was always there.

No doubt about that. I was one of the few who knew his game before Bergevin acquired him and was very happy when I heard.

Reactions: Runner77

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
To be honest it would be a crime if we put him on the 4th lines to start the season.

CLaude Julien love players that can play a solid 2 ways game. I would be shock if he doesnt start the season on the 3rd.

The kind of production he had last year while playing with Plek and other teams top line is pretty crazy.

Habs fans should realize that picking up Paul Byron on the waiver wire was a stroke of good luck (if not of genius). He's become a valuable contributor. His 22 goals last season were not a freak occurrence. He could well surpass it this season. I'm aware that certain fans hoped that Hab prospects in the AHL would achieve an equivalent or even greater success but they haven't and probably won't. (Not that I 'm rooting against them.) This team could make waves if Galchenyuk puts up big numbers, and Gallagher continues to be hot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->