Player Discussion Paul Byron

Jul 6, 2016
3 games !!!! We have seen worse hits and the guys had two games at the most.

Anyway. Peca or Hudon will be happy to play.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
3 games is the right call. But would a Bruin get 3 games? Would a non-Hab get 3 games? Thats what i have a problem with.
I personally don't know any evidence backing your implied assertion up, when has any Mtl player been given out disproportionate suspensions compared to other teams? In any case, these suspensions tend to be heavier and heavier, I'll wait for the next similar hit to make my mind.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

A bit much, but his feet left the ice and the head was the point of contact so that was a 2 games for sure.
Won't be playing until Feb. 2nd.......long break.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Fighting is part of the game but head hit isn't.

The number of fights are decreasing every year. It's going in the right direction
The fact that fighting is 'part of the game' is the problem. Any thing that involves blows to the head should not be "part of the game".

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don’t buy this he got injured so it’s extra. Why? It makes no sense

Because the NHL suspends on outcome, not on intent. Its the reason we have been robbed of so much elite careers around the league from concussions and cheap shots. Hits like Byron's happen all the time, never a suspension. You won't see it again either, it was a chicken shit call.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I don’t know about the hit to the head, but he left his feet. I call bullshit on the suspension, but at least we know the little bastard can wreck shop if he wants to.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
The fact that fighting is 'part of the game' is the problem. Any thing that involves blows to the head should not be "part of the game".

Agree,
They can't ban fighting, I hope that NHL adds the following rule in the near future

Fight = automatic game ejection + 1 game suspension.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Because the NHL suspends on outcome, not on intent. Its the reason we have been robbed of so much elite careers around the league from concussions and cheap shots. Hits like Byron's happen all the time, never a suspension. You won't see it again either, it was a chicken **** call.
It’s bullshit though. It should have no bearing if a player is hurt or no. That’s how you solve the problem. Bunch of f***ing morons. I’m not mad Byron is suspended I’m mad he got an extra game because of the result.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Head office in TO or NY always scr*w Habs. Nothing new. When was the last time that a call went Mtl's way. Think of the Chiara-KK double penalty. If Chiara gets called then the play should have been whistled because the Boston defender had the puck...KK cannot have a penalty. Stupid officiating....constantly!!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Another load of **** from the NHL and the PA. Take a knee out, nothing. Elbows to the head all game long, 2 minutes. Boarding? Nothing. Byron hops 2" off the ice and 3 games.
This should’ve been 1 game.....Campbell up to his old tricks

Reactions: Pickles

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
0 game suspension

upload_2019-1-16_18-11-37.gif

Whatever NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad