Confirmed with Link: Paul Bissonette named Coyotes Announcer/Ambassador

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
"Announcer?" So he's not replacing Nash, but he's an extra voice doing pregame?

Favorite parts of the press release:
We picked him up off waivers and kept him for five years.
Five seasons, 187 games. Do the math there. It must suck for the guy to be a healthy scratch that often.
Obiz-Wan Kenobi? The hell? Don't they know it's Obi Don Maloney?
Biz on the radio every week will be interesting. Doan was always Mr Company Line, here's hoping Biz will shoot from the hip a bit more. He won't be podcast cool but should be cool.

Good news.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What happened to Boynton. I thought he was the only honest man in the booth.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
"Announcer?" So he's not replacing Nash, but he's an extra voice doing pregame?

Radio announcer with Heithus (sp?)

TV announcers are still McConnell and Nash

Best part of this may be that the news release says Biss will play a role in the Coyotes' social media. We're not great in that area, but he is. May as well have the best take control where we're weak.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Perhaps he and Nash can jump on the ice when one of the pups gets pummeled and no one skates over to help :laugh:

Hopefully he's decent enough to eventually replace Nash (who could be demoted to radio duty). I wouldn't mind if he replaced Walsh right now!

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Biz was so fun to interview over the years. One of my all time favourite NHL types to interview or just listen to in a press scrum. I can't wait to see how him and Heeter work together. He's a natural and I'd like to see him on TV as I think he'd kill it.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Todd Walsh used to like to seek him out between periods on the road for a quick interview and my favorite one was the night (and you hockey wonks may know more about what he was talking about..Im a track and field wonk) he talked about the bend of certain sticks and got into this physics thing..and I thought that was one of the most interesting interviews of any sport that I ever listened to..
That being said, his first interview on the radio with (I think it was ) Gambo today was a little rough..
I can't explain why, it just sounded a little rough and I have no interest in his popularity as a twitter person because the stuff he talked about on the twitter was nothing I would ever be interested in and he may be too old to continue...hopefully.
I liked Boynton..alot. I thought he did a GREAT job and I couldn't wait to sprint out to my car after each game and turn he and Heeters post game report on.
I wish Biz luck. I'll be sprinting out each night after each home game to catch his post game as well and good luck on 98.7...Dont try and be hip Biz, be informative and passionate.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Perhaps he and Nash can jump on the ice when one of the pups gets pummeled and no one skates over to help :laugh:

Hopefully he's decent enough to eventually replace Nash (who could be demoted to radio duty). I wouldn't mind if he replaced Walsh right now!

You could replace Walsh's interviews with the player being interviewed having a monologue with a sack of potatoes and it would be an improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad