Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Not considering trades...in my crazy world this is how I see things going

1. Washington Capitals - LW Alexander Ovechkin
Most complete player in the draft...the best prospect since blah blah

2. Pittsburgh Penguins - C Evgeni Malkin
Uncontested No. 2 blah blah even though I like his upside better than Ovechkin (gasp)

3. Chicago Blackhawks - RW Lauri Tukonen
Hawks looking to pair him up with Teemu to form a great one-two Finnish punch on their top line of the future.

4. Columbus Blue Jackets - D Cam Barker
They got the offense, they got the goaltender, and they have the potential franchise defenseman...why not add another? Barker gives CBus a bigtime defenisve duo in the future.

5. Phoenix Coyotes - G Marek Schwarz
They have LeNeveu, a great prospect...but they need the depth and happily grab the highest rated goaltender on the board.

6. New York Rangers - LW Andrew Ladd
The rebuild started in the spring but they get the centerpiece for the forwards here. They see a lil Nash in Andy.

7. Florida Panthers - RW Drew Stafford
This is now Iron Mike's team and he is looking to build a tough line with the likes of Stewart, Horton, and Stafford...shiver

8. Carolina Hurricanes - C Rostislav Olesz
Amazed he fell this far, the 'Canes rush to the podium to select this guy. Great fit for the system and great combo with Staal.

9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks - C Robbie Schremp
Not believing the character issue hype, the Ducks get their franchise player. Adds to the already awesome duo of Chistov and Getzlaf.

10. Atlanta Thrashers - RW Alexander Radulov
Tempted at grabbing defense here but they know high flying offense will put butts in the seats and there is few better than Radulov in this draft.

11. Los Angeles Kings - D Boris Valabik
They wanted Schwarz and thought he could fall in their laps but decide to grab the huge defenseman to add him to the envious collection of defensemen that include Grebeshkov and Gleason.

12. Minnesota Wild - G Alvaro Montoya
Surprised he fell past LA, Minnesota goes the way of the 'Yotes and adds a fine goaltending prospect to go with Josh Harding.

13. Buffalo Sabres - D Ladislav Smid
They wanted a big defenseman and they get one in Smid.

14. Edmonton Oilers - C Kyle Chipchura
The Oilers get their next Todd Marchant but with hopes of more offense.

15. Nashville Predators - C Wojtek Wolski
Looking for a center, they have this guy rated high on their board I would think. They hope he settles in with Legwand for a nice center combo.

16. New York Islanders - D AJ Thelen
They need their bluechipper on defense and they find one with AJ. Milbury wont even think of trading this guy.

17. St. Louis Blues - RW Enver Lisin
They see that speed is now king in the NHL with the likes of Tampa Bay, Calgary, and San Jose running the playoffs so they are quick to add this guy with the hope his offense develops and he becomes their go-to guy.

18. Montreal Canadiens - D Andrej Meszaros
Always looking to build to an impressive stable of young defensemen, the Habs snatch up one of the top 5 defenseman in the draft.

19. Calgary Flames - LW Alex Picard
Picard at 19?!! That's what Sutter is thinking and grabs the guy who he'd love to have in his system. Not the typical BBF-player but he will mold him into one.

20. Dallas Stars - LW Roman Voloshenko
They want an offensive winger and thats what they are gettin with Roman.

21. Colorado Avalanche - C Petteri Nokelainen
Where to start? Well, finding someone to replace Foppa is a start. They'll groom Petteri to be that guy.

22. New Jersey Devils - LW Lauri Korpikoski
They love the way this kid jumped up in the rankings and hope his development continues to skyrocket.

23. Ottawa Senators - C Travis Zajac
Another guy who has seen his stock rise up. The Sens add him to the forward core and envision him a good no. 2 behind Spezza.

24. New York Rangers - C Jakub Sindel
The forward rebuild doesn't end at Ladd as they figure Sindel to play a prominent role on the team in the future.

25. Edmonton Oilers - G Cory Schneider
Theme of the draft...add to your goaltending depth. Schneider has the biggest upside of all goaltenders in the draft IMO. Oilers get themselves a steal here.

26. Vancouver Canucks - C David Bolland
The Canucks want to get blue collar. Kesler and Bolland are a part of the new 'Nucks that will try to outwork their opponents. They don't mind his offensive upside either.

27. Washington Capitals - C Bruce Graham
Oh how I would love for him to fall to the Sharks but the Caps have other plans. They grab the big man with thoughts of a deadly first line with the likes of the uber-skilled Ovechkin and the huge Graham.

28. San Jose Sharks - RW Viktor Alexandrov
They watch as many of the top guys on their board get picked off moments before they pick (watching Graham get picked one spot ahead really hurts) but they do not fret because the super skilled Alexandrov is also high on their board. He is an element that they would like to add to the team while he also possesses qualities they expect from all Shark players.

29. Washington Capitals - D Kirill Lyamin
They go offense with their first two 1st rounders. This time they add the big Russian to rebuild a defense that is looking already solid with the likes of Eminger and Morrisonn.

30. Tampa Bay Lightning - G Devan Dubnyk
A match made in heaven. Bolts need a goaltender of the future and Devan goes to a young team already on top. His size is impressive and he should become a star.

Last edited:

Stifler

Apr 4, 2003
Driving in Vice City
Visit site
I would be really pleased if Picard slipped to #19 and the Flames selected him. And, it's not unrealistic that one very talented player will slip. Look what happened to Parise last year and now the Devils are laughing.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
Good pick for the Lightning, I like it. I really hope Schremp falls to ATL though.

I say it's a very realistic mock though

May 1, 2003
Visit site
1. Dont think Olesz will fall to the 8th spot, i predict top 5 for the Czech, hes just to talented.

2. Theres 3 things im sure of, 1 Ovechkin will go 1st, 2 Malkin will go 2nd and 3 If Los Angeles has the chance to draft Montoya or Schwarz they will draft one of them.

3. A.J Thelen could go higher, thats just my opinon though

4. I like Korpikoski going to NJ

5. overall pretty good mock

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
I dont really like the canucks pick. We need Offense! no more Keslers(more Koltsovs). either that or a goalie, like dubnyk or schneider.

But a good job, i learned a lot from your draft. :handclap:

thestonedkoala

Nucks need everything so it makes sense that they pick Bolland who is the BPA

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
One of the best mocks I've seen so far...(except for the LA thing and lack of Green).

I think you got the top 6 down pat!
I just don't think Stafford will go ahead of Olesz... or Picard, for that matter. :teach:

Anyway, good job. :handclap:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Alfie#11 said:
My only comment would be that I doubt Mike Green slips past the first round.

Otherwise, weit's well thought out.

Yea I wanted find a place for him but I couldnt really...it was him or Lyamin and I just like Lyamin better for Washington.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
nucks&flames said:
I dont really like the canucks pick. We need Offense! no more Keslers(more Koltsovs). either that or a goalie, like dubnyk or schneider.

But a good job, i learned a lot from your draft. :handclap:

We'd be lucky to get Bolland at #26...

And no O'neill in the 1st round? :eek:

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
King Henry I, I am not sure "Mad Mike" Milbury is smart enough to take Thelen. He take some Lauri Korpikoski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad