Post-Game Talk: Pats lose Super Bowl LII to Philly and Foxborough turns into a circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Team needs another mammoth DT like Wilfork. Brown isn't it, he I see as always being a #2 DT. Branch was it for awhile but has seemed to regressed.

A big DT who takes up space and occupies a center and a guard opens up lanes for LBs, blitzes by DBs and enables DLs to get to the QB. Team needs a DT like that as well as fresh legs on DB, LB and DL

Offense I would invest in a QB, TE and OL.

I agree with DT. Brown is a good player in a 4-3, but not a 3-4. They really could use another athletic Wilfork type, or just a big huge Ted Washington blob type (and I say that with the utmost respect).

LB was a cause for concern going into the season, and it didn't get any better, though they have Rivers coming back, and he's more of a OLB/DE hybrid than a pure DE IMO. I could see them re-signing Harrison if he wants to continue, and using him 20 snaps a game.

I actually think their OL depth is good, but it hinges on what Solder decides to do. If he retires, I'm not sure what they do for LT.

Cannon struggled this year, but was dealing with an injury and was excellent last year. Mason was great, and unfortunately had one bad play in the SB that led to the Brady fumble. Andrews is good, Thuney is ok, but got better as the year progressed.

Definitely think they need to invest in a QB as well in the draft.

Reactions: VegasPatriot

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Man, I am still so f***ing pissed at BB for not playing Butler. The more I think about it, the more angry I get. Badmosi? Richards? WTF? Once the real story comes out, Butler better have been clubbing baby seals, while doing lines off of Linda Holliday's chest, because anything short of that makes Belichick a moron.

Reactions: DKH and Pia8988

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What really went unnoticed I think given all the Butler nonsense was just how terrible Devin McCourty was.

Ive wanted him cut and his money redistributed all year.

Most people defend him to the death and think he is holding the D together but I don't see it.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
I actually like all 3 of our starting safeties, and 4 of our corners. It’s just that two of those corners didn’t play and Jordan Richards did.

I think McCourty was injured and being asked to play out of position in the Super Bowl to accommodate BBs apprehension about Butler.

I’m interested to see what the defense might look like with Rivers, Hightower and 2 high picks (but more likely 2 safeties with 7th round grades)

Reactions: DKH

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins along with Hightower were supposed to be the core front seven players. None of them are. We had a draft gap with low/lack of picks. We need speed and like 2 or more impact players. BB can do it, but its a lot harder than it was a few years ago

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
I really hope Philly fans reading this thread are furious at us disparaging their garbage sandwich.
I'm more furious over the fact that people think that people think real cheesesteaks are "wiz with" that is the tourist bullshit that Pat's and Geno's puts out. Hardly anyone in the area would actually get that especially from those places. There are hundreds of "mom and pop" places that have better cheesesteakes with real cheese which is what nearly everyone would want. "Wiz with" is a fraud and total BS.

Reactions: Jtown

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
WPVI reporting THREE MILLION in Center City Philadelphia and the parade doesn't start for 90 minutes

27908238_10214344849067800_5943966911747339089_o.jpg

Reactions: frickinbobby

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
wow, lots of pressure on Jimmy G. I still think they finish third in their division

My family doctor makes about 300 G's per year and she just saves lives. Her old man should've encouraged her to build arm strength, throwing accuracy and the ability to bounce back from a blind side hit. Bad parenting.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
JD Martinez not impressed with Garapollo contract - says he would still hold out

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
My family doctor makes about 300 G's per year and she just saves lives. Her old man should've encouraged her to build arm strength, throwing accuracy and the ability to bounce back from a blind side hit. Bad parenting.

quite amazing what throwing 6 TD's and 5 INT's down the stretch in some meaningless games can get you in America. Highest paid in the NFL, huge joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad