Post-Game Talk: PATROITS at NY Jets - It was an ugly win - Pats 30 NYJ 27 F

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You know, I've been rooting for them to lose games to get the best draft pick possible in order to draft a QB, but I don't want to see them get embarrassed and this is basically that. The Jets don't even average 12 points a game and they're about to score 20 in the 1st half with Joe f***ing Flacco.
Lol, posted it earlier, but the people calling for the tank are without a doubt are under 30 and have never experienced a really bad losing season. It flat out sucks and is hard to watch.

Even after a tanking season there is also no guarantee you get number 1 overall

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This is god damn pathetic

0-8 Jets spanking this team. Stupid penalties. Letting 60 year old Flacco throw multiple TDs. 50 year old Gore smashing them.

This PBP guy is a moron. WHY would the Jets want Lawrence?

Huh? Why wouldn't they? Gonna have to turn on Zolak for this 2nd half.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Also the NFL media is loving the Patriots sucking. They hated them when they were winning and dominant and barely said a good word. Now the Patriots suck and they can all be happy and glow about it.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Jets kept up with KC for a long while, and they lost to the Bills 10-18. So perspective here is key.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Lol, posted it earlier, but the people calling for the tank are without a doubt are under 30 and have never experienced a really bad losing season. It flat out sucks and is hard to watch.

I am 36 and absolutely remember Pats home games not even being on TV because they didn't sell out. At this point there is no reason to NOT root for the tank. Cam Newton is not the answer going forward. Obviously there's no guarantee but having Lawrence or Fields etc is much more appealing than not having them at this point.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

The only thing that would suck would be losing for nothing. They'll probably find a way to win enough games to miss out on the top QBs. Personally, I'd be fine with any of Lawrence, Fields, or Lance, so I don't really care about getting the 1st overall pick. Just need to be high enough to pick one of the top guys.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I am 36 and absolutely remember Pats home games not even being on TV because they didn't sell out. At this point there is no reason to NOT root for the tank. Cam Newton is not the answer going forward. Obviously there's no guarantee but having Lawrence or Fields etc is much more appealing than not having them at this point.
No one is saying Cam is the anwser. But their have beem some good QBs drafted mid-to late first that have panned out. Drafting a top 5ish QB has been really hit or miss recently

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Also the NFL media is loving the Patriots sucking. They hated them when they were winning and dominant and barely said a good word. Now the Patriots suck and they can all be happy and glow about it.
Well there are plenty of reasons why. No need to list them here but the media and rival fans have waited years to dump on them.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The only thing that would suck would be losing for nothing. They'll probably find a way to win enough games to miss out on the top QBs. Personally, I'd be fine with any of Lawrence, Fields, or Lance, so I don't really care about getting the 1st overall pick. Just need to be high enough to pick one of the top guys.
Lawrence shouldnt even be mentioned in the same category as Fields or Lance. Whoever gets #1 is taking him and not trading the pick. He is a once a decade type QB. Patriots fans need to stop acting like they have a chance at him.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
OK but if you're telling me to choose between the Patriots sucking and getting a mid round pick or the Patriots sucking and getting a top pick I will take the top pick option. I have no interest in seeing them win a few games and finishing 5-11 or 6-10.

Reactions: Smitty93

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Lawrence shouldnt even be mentioned in the same category as Fields or Lance. Whoever gets #1 is taking him and not trading the pick. He is a once a decade type QB. Patriots fans need to stop acting like they have a chance at him.

Dude, the Patriots are down 10 to the Jets. If you lose to the Jets you can lose every remaining game on your schedule.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Just for sh*** I checked the league YAC stats, I was pretty sure they would have been bottom 5. They are actually 23rd in the league, so I guess that's bottom 9 ? Anyway, just a little bit better than I had thought, but not much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad