Patriots/NFL Off Season 2019 - Rob Gronkowski announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
He was good in the playoffs, I'll agree with that, but he was really poor during the season. Constantly taking too wide of an angle and getting blocked by the QB, or over pursuing and losing containment.

He's a decent rotational piece, but I think he's gone.

Put it this way, of the non-shirtless guys, he was the only guy I saw at the parade not wearing a jersey.

Really? strange.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He was good in the playoffs, I'll agree with that, but he was really poor during the season. Constantly taking too wide of an angle and getting blocked by the QB, or over pursuing and losing containment.

He's a decent rotational piece, but I think he's gone.

Put it this way, of the non-shirtless guys, he was the only guy I saw at the parade not wearing a jersey.
Are we going to include the guys that weren’t wearing a shirt at all in this judgement?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Of Clayborn or the guys not wearing jerseys?...

:laugh:

I thought he was talking Hightower. But then I looked it up and both Clayborn and Hightower wore jerseys. Tonnes of other guys didn't, including Brady and Edelman. So now I'm confused. :)

Well, his previous posts indicate that it would be Clayborn.

maxresdefault.jpg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought he was talking Hightower. But then I looked it up and both Clayborn and Hightower wore jerseys. Tonnes of other guys didn't, including Brady and Edelman. So now I'm confused. :)

Well, his previous posts indicate that it would be Clayborn.

maxresdefault.jpg
Must've taken it off towards the end then, since he was just wearing the hoodie when they passed where I was.

Nothing to see here then folks.

(Still getting cut ;) )

Reactions: Fossy21

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
You guys see the OBJ report?

I dont think they’ll go after him this offseason with the needs they have and the cap situation they’re in, but would have been interesting this pat season. I feel like they wouldn’t have won the SB with him but I would take him this offseason with our needs at WR. But they may not have the cap now

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I dont think they’ll go after him this offseason with the needs they have and the cap situation they’re in, but would have been interesting this pat season. I feel like they wouldn’t have won the SB with him but I would take him this offseason with our needs at WR. But they may not have the cap now

If an all pro talent is getting traded for pennies on the dollar I am pretty sure we will be fielding calls to that team.

We can't draft WRs and Gronk and Jules are well into their back 9s. I'd love to make a move like that. Especially if we can pair them with Gordon and have Jules as our #3.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If we want the backup QB to be the next starter then the best option is Teddy Bridgewater.

He'd be a good option. But hes not outlasting Brady. We'd end up trading him to a team desperate for a QB after a year and he'd want to go start. But if he comes here as a backup someone is going to make him a starter sooner rather than later all our backups get a look elsewhere.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Give me the BOAT Blake bortles

Oh good God please no. Don't even joke about that. I don't care if Belichick could make him a serviceable back up or even the second coming of Steve Young, keep him away from the New England Patriots at all costs. I would rather 10 Brian Hoyer's on the New England Patriots next year than Blake Bortles.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Depends on Gronk.

If Gronk retires, you go hard after Beckham. Not going to find a better replacement in the short term.

If Gronk stays, you probably pass on him

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Gronk reported to have told teammates he wants another ring. Not sure if accurate, and even if it is, it wouldn’t be conclusive evidence he’s returning, but here’s holding out hope.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It’s pretty unlikely that the Patriots go back to the Super Bowl again next season, so I’m wondering if Gronk would be willing to play for more than another year.

That said anything is possible with Belichick and Brady still in the organization

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh they’re totally winning the next 2 Super Bowls as far as I’m concerned, don’t tell me otherwise lol

If gronk is back great, if not also great. He made a lot of money and had a HOF career and he’s obviously still very impactful but I also would like him to be able to move around at 50

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Oh they’re totally winning the next 2 Super Bowls as far as I’m concerned, don’t tell me otherwise lol

If gronk is back great, if not also great. He made a lot of money and had a HOF career and he’s obviously still very impactful but I also would like him to be able to move around at 50

Plus this draft has some ideal candidates to try and replace him if he were to retire

Reactions: CDJ

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Young defensive players I was really impressed by this season:

Adam Butler
Deatrich Wise
JC Jackson

They have a real chance to supplement them during this draft and I hope they do

Ps - I had no idea Elandon Roberts was only 24. That seems crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad