Patriots/NFL Off Season 2019 - Rob Gronkowski announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
The bye week will probably be the tricky part again. Get him to hang with TB12 and consume nothing but kale for two weeks. Those are the only greens he gets his hands on!
Yes. Then show him a burger in the end zone...

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Take off my Patriots hat at work. Put it on a table thats in front of the managers desk. Come back after doing 2 orders and its gone. Look around and someone put it in the trash can. Funny that they wouldnt do it when Im around.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
They're making him rework his deal. Are they likely to still draft a long-term solution? Probably, right? Need more teams out of the market for a QB draft pick so we can get a nice one in the late second round or so. :laugh:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
They're making him rework his deal. Are they likely to still draft a long-term solution? Probably, right? Need more teams out of the market for a QB draft pick so we can get a nice one in the late second round or so. :laugh:

If they draft a QB, it won't be at 10. Maybe 2nd/3rd round......or late 1st round if they can trade back into the 1st using a combo of later picks/players.

Reactions: Fossy21

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I bet Roger just doesn't want to show his face in Foxboro again

Seems like a slap in the face, but Thursday games kind of suck anyway.
I don't really take it as a slap in the face. I get wanting to showcase two of their most storied teams, since it's a big anniversary. I would bet they do the same thing if any other team wins the SB.

I'm also with you on Thursday games.

Reactions: bbfan419

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Denver is dumb LOL

just read an article on NFL.com about AFC cut candidate for Patriots they listed Hightower and D Mac. Hope D Mac retires instead of a cut. They also listed Bowe and Clayborn. I thought Clayborn did well in his first year.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Denver is dumb LOL

just read an article on NFL.com about AFC cut candidate for Patriots they listed Hightower and D Mac. Hope D Mac retires instead of a cut. They also listed Bowe and Clayborn. I thought Clayborn did well in his first year.
Elway has wasted a ton of money looking for his next QB since Manning turned into a zombie, but Flacco's a good QB to have. Winning pedigree, can run complex offenses, etc. Surround him with talent and he'll be fine. I think they're just a little light on the other talent right now.

As for cuts, I don't put anything past Belichick in August. I can't even begin to predict, and it will look completely foolish at the time and then he'll be right in the end.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Elway has wasted a ton of money looking for his next QB since Manning turned into a zombie, but Flacco's a good QB to have. Winning pedigree, can run complex offenses, etc. Surround him with talent and he'll be fine. I think they're just a little light on the other talent right now.

As for cuts, I don't put anything past Belichick in August. I can't even begin to predict, and it will look completely foolish at the time and then he'll be right in the end.
In Bill we trust...

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Denver is dumb LOL

I'm not sure what games you watched, but Clayborn was garbage for most of the year, he's absolutely a cut candidate, and should be.

Hightower is too important. Might be a restructure, but I doubt they cut him. He stayed healthy and had a good year.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One of the most intriguing and unique things about the NFL is when teams move on from franchise quarterbacks.

Often times, it’s the right call because they have identified the next guy and the player they’re moving on from is cooked, but it’s always interesting to see if there’s any gas in the tank and sometimes you get a Brees situation where the guy goes onto be all world for a long time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not sure what games you watched, but Clayborn was garbage for most of the year, he's absolutely a cut candidate, and should be.

Hightower is too important. Might be a restructure, but I doubt they cut him. He stayed healthy and had a good year.

Thought Clayborn looked much better after he was reactivated. Early in the season he would take himself out of the play, I thought he was pretty good after that though. Had a solid handful of games towards the end. Still could see him getting cut though

If they cut Hightower after his one healthy year and I’ll be so sad. He’s still an impact player

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Thought Clayborn looked much better after he was reactivated. Early in the season he would take himself out of the play, I thought he was pretty good after that though. Had a solid handful of games towards the end. Still could see him getting cut though

If they cut Hightower after his one healthy year and I’ll be so sad. He’s still an impact player
You know Bill though. He'll cut a guy a year too early rather than a year too late. I'm with you though, I hope Hightower stays.

Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You know Bill though. He'll cut a guy a year too early rather than a year too late. I'm with you though, I hope Hightower stays.
If they had anything else besides Van Noy at LB that isn't a question mark, I'd be more inclined to think Hightower could be a cut risk, but I don't think they can go into the year with Van Noy, Roberts, and Bentley as their top 3 options.

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

He was good in the playoffs, I'll agree with that, but he was really poor during the season. Constantly taking too wide of an angle and getting blocked by the QB, or over pursuing and losing containment.

He's a decent rotational piece, but I think he's gone.

Put it this way, of the non-shirtless guys, he was the only guy I saw at the parade not wearing a jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad