Patriots/NFL Off Season 2019 - Rob Gronkowski announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just caught end of 2nd Pats-Giants SB on NFL Network. Wanted to see Welker drop again. Giants only had one timeout left and there was about 4 minutes left. I couldn't remember if pass went off his fingertips. Not even. Right in both hands. Edelman would have caught it and then maybe you kill the game.
That would have pretty much ended it

This 6 SB run has a couple oddities to me

1. The best team was the undefeated one till the final minute

As great as the run has been that was the most painful loss ~ just incredible what went down and how it happened. The spy gate story that all but ruined the actual event anyways because you really didn’t know if they win the next day is the video Tomase wrote about

2. The length between 3rd and 4th SB made more bizarre the Patriots had the best record in FB during that period by a wide margin with a + differential that doubled the second place team

Instant replay challenge in the undefeated SB season game changes a key fumble that the Giants got that was clearly the Patriots ball with the player down and in possession deep in Giants zone

The entire run has its share of heartbreak and as Freddie Mercury would sum up ‘it’s been no bed of roses. No pleasure cruise’

But as an organization they are the Champions

And for those that complain they cheat

1. Go read the site Your Team Cheats

2. f*** off you’re a whinny bitch

Steelers and 49ers chested to their dynasties and I have ZERO problem with it

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That would have pretty much ended it

This 6 SB run has a couple oddities to me

1. The best team was the undefeated one till the final minute

As great as the run has been that was the most painful loss ~ just incredible what went down and how it happened. The spy gate story that all but ruined the actual event anyways because you really didn’t know if they win the next day is the video Tomase wrote about

2. The length between 3rd and 4th SB made more bizarre the Patriots had the best record in FB during that period by a wide margin with a + differential that doubled the second place team

Instant replay challenge in the undefeated SB season game changes a key fumble that the Giants got that was clearly the Patriots ball with the player down and in possession deep in Giants zone

The entire run has its share of heartbreak and as Freddie Mercury would sum up ‘it’s been no bed of roses. No pleasure cruise’

But as an organization they are the Champions

And for those that complain they cheat

1. Go read the site Your Team Cheats

2. **** off you’re a whinny *****

Steelers and 49ers chested to their dynasties and I have ZERO problem with it

We've won 6 titles and all I can think of is how they should have at least 10, maybe up to 11.

06, 07, 2010, and 2011 they absolutely should've won and all of those games haunt me. 2015 probably should've won and would've if they didn't crap away home field.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes I think he will be back

Edit: just to elaborate, the team is paying for his treatment and I think I read that he could be back with them as early as training camp. Pretty sure Doug Kyed wrote a good piece during super bowl week

Double edit: apparently Kyed had to edit the article, the NFLPA covers the treatment. It isn’t really an option.

Josh Gordon Update: How Patriots, NFL Are Working With Suspended Receiver

Last edited:
Reactions: Fossy21 and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes I think he will be back

I thought that was a possibility before and even more after I heard they were paying for his treatment and that he'd be getting a ring. At this point, I'd be stunned if he didn't come back, provided he plays again. I doubt they'd count on him in any fashion, but would have him back and let him contribute for as long as he can before he flames out again.

Reactions: Fossy21 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah he’s a luxury to have at this point. They’ve proven they don’t need him but he’s certainly not a bad weapon to have when he’s going right

Reactions: Fossy21 and LSCII

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yeah, just posted that as an edit. They still own his rights and obviously nobody is going to sign him. He proves he's clean and gets reinstated, he has nowhere to go but here, on the Pats terms. And they love themselves a bargain.
NFL determines that, not NE

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm all for people getting second chances in life, but not abusers of any kind.

f*** those people.

Absolutely disgusted the Browns took a chance here.

Reactions: Fossy21

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Resign Gordon to a vet minimum deal. Help him get his life on track. Don't hold expectations, but if he gives you 3 games a year of decent offense, it's a minimal price to pay. I don't think his roster spot is going to block the next great Patriots wideout.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Resign Gordon to a vet minimum deal. Help him get his life on track. Don't hold expectations, but if he gives you 3 games a year of decent offense, it's a minimal price to pay. I don't think his roster spot is going to block the next great Patriots wideout.

The bye week will probably be the tricky part again. Get him to hang with TB12 and consume nothing but kale for two weeks. Those are the only greens he gets his hands on!

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Watching people justify Kareem Hunt signing SMH
Meh

It's on the league to hand out an appropriate punishment. If he serves out his suspension and whatever legal punishment he faces for the assault, then at that point he should be free to live out his life. His reputation is gone and everyone is going to think he's a piece of crap forever (rightfully so), but I don't think it's right to collude to keep a man from working. Especially if it's in the only field he has any skill or training in.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If it’s any solace he’s killed his earning power forever and being a RB he probably won’t remember his name in 25 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->