Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-2-6_2-3-49.png

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’d take a serious look at who’s available at backup quarterback in addition to drafting a quarterback.

Since they’ve chosen to stay with Brady, I think it’s key that that have someone who is able to step in for a handful of games if needed while they hopefully identify and develop the heir.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I’d take a serious look at who’s available at backup quarterback in addition to drafting a quarterback.

Since they’ve chosen to stay with Brady, I think it’s key that that have someone who is able to step in for a handful of games if needed while they hopefully identify and develop the heir.
Considering about 2 to 3 years left for Brady I agree this is the perfect time to start doing that.

Someone a little less injury prone than Jimmy G of course.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

What? You don’t think Hoyer can guide the ship if Brady suffered a minor injury?

:laugh:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Keep hoyer. I dont care about bradys replacement until he actually announces his last year.
Disagree with this.

The reason Brady to JimmyG would've worked was because he got a few years in the system.

If there is a QB they like, they should take him. At this point, the contracts line up perfectly again if Brady wants to play until 45.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Disagree with this.

The reason Brady to JimmyG would've worked was because he got a few years in the system.

If there is a QB they like, they should take him. At this point, the contracts line up perfectly again if Brady wants to play until 45.

In thankful everyday they shipped Jimmy g out of town and I hope Brady racks up more superbowls. Back up is my one millionth worry.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
In thankful everyday they shipped Jimmy g out of town and I hope Brady racks up more superbowls. Back up is my one millionth worry.
I mean it worked out for them no doubt.

But you still have to plan ahead. Waiting until he retires, whether they win again or not, it stupid.

Draft and develop a guy now, and in year 4, Brady retires and he starts.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I mean it worked out for them no doubt.

But you still have to plan ahead. Waiting until he retires, whether they win again or not, it stupid.

Draft and develop a guy now, and in year 4, Brady retires and he starts.

I'm planning for more Brady superbowls. Any attempt to get him to retire hinders my plan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm planning for more Brady superbowls. Any attempt to get him to retire hinders my plan
Brady is going to be 42 when the year starts, and has stated multiple times he wants to play until 45.

I don't see how planning for the future hinders him winning additional titles?

Draft a guy, let him sit and develop for 3 more seasons under Brady, who then, at 45, will retire like he's stated. Next guy gets 1-2 years under his belt as a starter before a new contract.

Not entirely sure what's difficult to understand here.

I'm not saying use a 1st on a guy.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Brady is going to be 42 when the year starts, and has stated multiple times he wants to play until 45.

I don't see how planning for the future hinders him winning additional titles?

Draft a guy, let him sit and develop for 3 more seasons under Brady, who then, at 45, will retire like he's stated. Next guy gets 1-2 years under his belt as a starter before a new contract.

I just dont want a backup and media clowns like Felger and Mazz who would run Brady out of town in a second by pumping his tires getting in the way of any future success. I'll worry about a qb after Brady hangs em up. Go Hoyer!

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I just dont want a backup and media clowns like Felger and Mazz who would run Brady out of town in a second by pumping his tires getting in the way of any future success. I'll worry about a qb after Brady hangs em up. Go Hoyer!
Easy solution for you. Draft a QB to groom for the future and don't listen to Felger and Mazz.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

If you don't use a 1st on a QB, then you are only allowed to sign him for at most 4 years. That would mean he only gets at most one year of starting experience before becoming a FA. That's very risky and could complicate contract matters if he gets hurt or doesn't light it up right out of the gate. It may have worked once or twice in the past, but it's simply not realistic to sit a guy for that long and use up their cheap rookie seasons in today's NFL.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Everybody just stay out of bradys way and I'm happy. To heck with your next qb plans

Do you honestly believe half the shit you type? I have to think yes, because you've put way too much time and effort into this character if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad