Signing(s): Patriots to sign RB Steven Jackson

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hope the Pats can get him a ring.

This lets them move Bolden back to special teams where he excels (don't have to worry about him getting hurt out there now).

All we need him to do is what Iosefa did yesterday. Hit the hole and fall forward. As far as I know those are two things Jackson has always done. It is nice to know Iosefa seems competent though, really liked his game. The 20 pounds he shed since he was picked up must've been key.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Hard yards and ball security is what they need from their non-James White RB. This is a good signing. Probably sees 10-15 carries/game.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If he's in half-decent shape, it's fresh legs at least. I don't think he's nearly as good in short yardage as people perceive him to be though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jackson looked done in Atlanta.

You combine that with the fact he's been sitting for a year and i seriously doubt he makes any impact at all.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Washed up...but the Pats don't need him for 20 + carries a game. Guessing he'll be like Blount and get carries near the goal and be used in short yardage situations. Brandon Bolden has more quickness than both these guys, I can't imagine at this point in his career Jackson as any upside over Bolden or White. Just need a body with experience I guess.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wasn't Jackson banged up all year last year?

Should be completely fresh now so we're definitely going to see what he has left in the tank if there is anything there. They needed to get Bolden back on the ST units, he excels there

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Wasn't Jackson banged up all year last year?

Should be completely fresh now so we're definitely going to see what he has left in the tank if there is anything there. They needed to get Bolden back on the ST units, he excels there

I guess he'll be fresh, but he'll need to build up his carries. Week 17, hopefully a throw a way game vs. Miami will be a great time for him to get reps. I can understand Bolden's talents on specials teams, but he ran way better in this last game than Blount has done all season. Patriots issues on ST aren't covering kicks...its fielding and blocking on returns.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess he'll be fresh, but he'll need to build up his carries. Week 17, hopefully a throw a way game vs. Miami will be a great time for him to get reps. I can understand Bolden's talents on specials teams, but he ran way better in this last game than Blount has done all season. Patriots issues on ST aren't covering kicks...its fielding and blocking on returns.

like this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->