NFL: Patriots Success

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It's always a good day when NE loses the SB or during the playoffs.

Even though I'm salty about NE, most of the NFL is as well. Who would've ever thought that a 6th round draft pick, along with Belichick, would make such a difference?

Golden State Warriors of the NFL

:laugh: would the GSW be more of a Pats-lite in the NBA. I'd say that's disrespect to Ol Bill & co.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I think Brady being a 6th round pick is the best part. Never seriously considered by scouts, Pats took a flyer because they figured they'd have a backup QB at most and it turns out once they gave him a chance he proceeded to become the best QB ever. He literally beat the odds, unlike a guy like Peyton Manning who was groomed his entire life to be the #1 pick/top QB.

This is why I've always been a Brady guy. Especially over Peyton. I like Manning and I like the rich football history his family has, but the late round "never be anything" story is infinitely more fascinating to me. Tom is the GOAT.

Reactions: Voight

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
how good can they be if they can't ever beat a NFC East team in a Super Bowl?
the whole division owns them in big games...

maxresdefault.jpg

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Curious to see this list.

You and South George should each make one, so we can see how the Pats are living rent free.

Here is the list:

10. They seem to make the regular season a foregone conclusion, as if a playoff spot is death and taxes, like the Red Wing playoff streak. They might be the only team that can sell playoff tickets during the preseason.

9. Their home playoff games are rarely entertaining. Only four of their 20 home playoff wins have been by a touchdown or less. In Gillette Stadium, rare is a postseason game that is actually competitive.

8. They practically live in the AFC-CG to the point where it feels like New England and (Insert Team Here).

7. Almost routine 1st round byes. Since 2001- Only 3 AFC Wild Card games and rarely if ever play in January on the road. In Foxboro, Wild Card Weekend is a forbidden 3 letter word almost.

6. They're not winning with pizzazz or flair ala the 49ers of old. They just seem coldly effective and clinical, almost robotic.

5. They rarely win with gamebreakers. A lot of great WR's never got a SB ring, yet Chris Hogan has 2 SB rings.

4. Their division. Forget winning, they're never even pushed in the AFC East. 2001 is the only time Brady won a division title in week 17. That was year ONE! Since then, their division titles have been almost a foregone conclusion.

3. Brady is great but annoyingly great

2. Belichick is great but annoyingly great

1. They win way too much.

Don't care about the cheating allegations. I might be the only guy who when I heard about DeflateGate thought it sounded more like a hilarious sitcom plot than something sinister.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Here is the list:

10. They seem to make the regular season a foregone conclusion, as if a playoff spot is death and taxes, like the Red Wing playoff streak. They might be the only team that can sell playoff tickets during the preseason.

9. Their home playoff games are rarely entertaining. Only four of their 20 home playoff wins have been by a touchdown or less. In Gillette Stadium, rare is a postseason game that is actually competitive.

8. They practically live in the AFC-CG to the point where it feels like New England and (Insert Team Here).

7. Almost routine 1st round byes. Since 2001- Only 3 AFC Wild Card games and rarely if ever play in January on the road. In Foxboro, Wild Card Weekend is a forbidden 3 letter word almost.

6. They're not winning with pizzazz or flair ala the 49ers of old. They just seem coldly effective and clinical, almost robotic.

5. They rarely win with gamebreakers. A lot of great WR's never got a SB ring, yet Chris Hogan has 2 SB rings.

4. Their division. Forget winning, they're never even pushed in the AFC East. 2001 is the only time Brady won a division title in week 17. That was year ONE! Since then, their division titles have been almost a foregone conclusion.

3. Brady is great but annoyingly great

2. Belichick is great but annoyingly great

1. They win way too much.

Don't care about the cheating allegations. I might be the only guy who when I heard about DeflateGate thought it sounded more like a hilarious sitcom plot than something sinister.

I appreciate the honesty. I think most people deep down just hate the winning which I can understand. Though I dont understand why Brady is annoying. I get BB being annoying, he is a grade A prick.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I like the Pats, but I also think it's time you admit the Patriots and not the Packers are your favorite team.

What I say is, no matter how much you "hate them", you still have to admire what that franchise has been doing for 20 f***ing years
People are amazed by the Golden State Warriors for example, of the Red Wings in the late 90's, but the Pats it's that x3
Love them or hate them, we will never ever IMO witness a success this long by a franchise in any sport!

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
I’ve just learned to appreciate greatness. Thankfully, it’s not as frustrating as an Eagles fan, seeing as we’ll always have that SB and are in the NFC.

That said, greatest dynasty of all time and it’s not even close. And I would be shocked if they didn’t win it all this year too.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
To be honest, I’ve come to not blame Steelers, Colts or Ravens fans at all for hating the Pats like they do.

Just think of the number of potential super bowl appearances each of these franchises has lost because of the Pats. **** I’d be mad too.

However it warms my heart and is really quite comical for me.
Not a Ravens fan, but NE and Bal are 2-2 against each other in the playoffs.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I don't even really hate New England. Their success is admirable at this point.

Belichick is a brilliant mind and I wish I could be as good at anything as he is at coaching.

Reactions: Wrigley

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I don't even really hate New England. Their success is admirable at this point. Belichick is a brilliant mind and I wish I could be as good at anything as he is at coaching.
Agreed. Am I a big enough knucklehead to think that one coach and one QB winning 6 SBs together is luck? Nope.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
And that’s true but those two losses probably would have been super bowl appearances
Maybe. But you are definitely on point about Steelers fans hating anything Patriots. NE is all they ever talk about. With the possibility that the Pats can overtake them in SB wins, they are going to hate even more.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
No, Steelers fans talk more about how much they hate Tomlin and Butler as coach. There are 30 other fanbases that hate the Pats. Well for the most part anyway.
Patriot fans get annoyed with teams hating on them. Fans of the other teams get annoyed with arrogance and the cockiness of Patriot fans. It does go both ways.
I used to let it get to me. It doesn’t anymore. I have more important things in my life to worry about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad