Post-Game Talk: PATRIOTS at Houston - Turn out the lights... the party's over

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What is he supposed to do there? He's in motion, and Reid is in his face. He can't run him over, and there was no way he could have just stopped to block him at that point.

He legit stepped around the unblocked pass rusher. At least give him a chuck so he doesn't have a straight beeline to your QB. Unless he was the primary pass option on the play (which probably wasn't the case because Cam would've dumped off to him), that was a loser play.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
hey Cam is moving the ball well throwing down the field, let’s hand it off to James White on a between the tackles run on 2nd and 19

If you don’t pick up at least 10 yards on the play, the drive is effectively over. It doesn’t make sense. Throw the ball. At the very least, call a screen. Hoping and praying that you catch them off guard with a draw play that nets you 10+ yards is such a dumb decision.

Reactions: CDJ

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He legit stepped around the unblocked pass rusher. At least give him a chuck so he doesn't have a straight beeline to your QB. Unless he was the primary pass option on the play (which probably wasn't the case because Cam would've dumped off to him), that was a loser play.

I agree. He had time to disrupt him and it just looked like he chose not to. Just bump him and at last give Cam a chance to maybe take a step or two outside the pocket.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Crennel’s getting up there in years.

They’ve said he won’t be considered for the job next season.

This would be a nice little feather in his cap to win this.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I respect Cam’s commitment to trying to convince the coaches to throw passes only 10 yards and beyond, I need this to happen!

a 16 yard come backer is basically a running play for him, automatic! Can’t complete anything within 6 yards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad