Post-Game Talk: PATRIOTS at Houston - Turn out the lights... the party's over

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Most good QBs haven’t come from tanking situations. Top QBs in the league RN-imo in no particular order it’s Wilson, Murray, Mahomes, Jackson, Brady, Rodgers, Prescott, Allen, Watson. How many of those are a product of tanking? 1? Maybe 2 if you count Allen?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Most good QBs haven’t come from tanking situations. Top QBs in the league RN-imo in no particular order it’s Wilson, Murray, Mahomes, Jackson, Brady, Rodgers, Prescott, Allen, Watson. How many of those are a product of tanking? 1? Maybe 2 if you count Allen?

Wilson the best? Idk. I’d say Mahomes/Wilson, Brady/Brees, Jackson, Murray, Rodgers

but that’s just me

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wilson the best? Idk. I’d say Mahomes/Wilson, Brady/Brees, Jackson, Murray, Rodgers

but that’s just me

no particular order for me on that list. I got Mahomes 1 personally, you can make arguments for any order after that

I would usually put Brees on that list but he doesn’t do a whole lot for me this year. Although to be honest he is still playing good football, it’s just always meh when I’m watching it seems. So by all means he can go on the list, it furthers my point about most High end QBs being found outside of premium picks like 1 or 2

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Thats not really true in the NFL. Plenty of teams have rebuilt from the middle. The NBA is really the only sport you dont want to be in the middle

What does rebuild from the middle mean. Pats need to draft franchise QB for the future. I like what I see from Justin Herbert. Need a QB who can throw the ball around the field. Whats your plan at QB?

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Pats apparently really like Herbert too, just couldn’t get high enough to get him :(

that kid looks like the genuine article

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just a heads up- the Bills actually made the playoffs the year prior to drafting Allen, so they didn't tank, and if they tried- they failed miserably, haha.

Reactions: CDJ

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The Pats apparently really like Herbert too, just couldn’t get high enough to get him :(

that kid looks like the genuine article
It is a shame we could not get him.
I really like him too, complete package, size, can run, great arm.
Do you think he is better than Lawrence will be?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just a heads up- the Bills actually made the playoffs the year prior to drafting Allen, so they didn't tank, and if they tried- they failed miserably, haha.

look at that, point even further proved lol

must’ve been the jags pick from Dareus or something? I can’t think of how else they would’ve gotten the 7th pick

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It is a shame we could not get him.
I really like him too, complete package, size, can run, great arm.
Do you think he is better than Lawrence will be?

I don’t think it’s inconceivable that he will be better than Lawrence. Not a knock on Lawrence either but Herbert has been amazing for a kid. It’s probably gonna be a high bar Lawrence will have to clear

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
look at that, point even further proved lol

must’ve been the jags pick from Dareus or something? I can’t think of how else they would’ve gotten the 7th pick
Traded Glenn to the Bengals, which moved them up in the first, then traded up again to get to 7.

Reactions: CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
What does rebuild from the middle mean. Pats need to draft franchise QB for the future. I like what I see from Justin Herbert. Need a QB who can throw the ball around the field. Whats your plan at QB?
Its means you can rebuild without tanking.

Plenty of good QBs have been taken by teams either outside the top 10, or by trading up to get a guy you like.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So whats the plan for next year. Sure there are QBs you can draft but who?
No idea, I dont get paid to scout the college game and make those decisions. The point is that history has showed us that you dont have to tank to get a good QB. Ny guess is they draft a QB in the first round or two and sign a veteran to compete for the job, whether it be Cam or one of the veterans available this offseason

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No idea, I dont get paid to scout the college game and make those decisions. The point is that history has showed us that you dont have to tank to get a good QB. Ny guess is they draft a QB in the first round or two and sign a veteran to compete for the job, whether it be Cam or one of the veterans available this offseason

The AFC east will probably have Allen, Lawrence and Tuo for a while so they'll need to draft a guy for sure.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Without a QB that can help this team be competitive, they're doomed to be a 7-9 to 9-7 win range kind of team. That type of mediocrity does nothing for anyone. It means they're decent sometimes, but not really good enough, and it prevents them from getting into the top of the draft for an impact player. Doesn't even have to be a QB, if you can find one elsewhere. All I know after watching them this year is that if you want to be a realistically competitive team and make the playoffs, Newton isn't the guy to lead you there. He's too limited in his passing ability.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Without a QB that can help this team be competitive, they're doomed to be a 7-9 to 9-7 win range kind of team. That type of mediocrity does nothing for anyone. It means they're decent sometimes, but not really good enough, and it prevents them from getting into the top of the draft for an impact player. Doesn't even have to be a QB, if you can find one elsewhere. All I know after watching them this year is that if you want to be a realistically competitive team and make the playoffs, Newton isn't the guy to lead you there. He's too limited in his passing ability.
I think its pretty obvious Cam is not the long term answer. But Im not really sure how you even expect this team to completely bottom out and win 2 games. The only way thar happens is if they get rid of BB. They have to build from the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->