Post-Game Talk: PATRIOTS at Houston - Turn out the lights... the party's over

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
126925612_10158879949461558_4406589073018203215_o.jpg

we may have a loss and a season likely officially done by week 11 but at least we also have this

Reactions: EvilDead

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Tank and go 4-12 get a top 10 pick,
Sign some good UFA's.
We get some good players back, see below.
From the list below, the only one's I want back are Hightower, Cannon, Vitale, maybe Lee? The rest can walk. Chung was a great player and leader, but we have Duggan now who is bigger, faster and cheaper and will only get better.
My biggest fear is who will be the QB next year??
Not sure Cam is the guy.

RB Brandon Bolden (July 28)
OT Marcus Cannon (July 28)
S Patrick Chung (July 28)
LB Dont'a Hightower (July 28)
WR Marqise Lee (August 1)
OG Najee Toran (July 27)
FB Danny Vitale (July 27)
TE Matt LaCosse (August 2)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sign some good UFA's.
From the list below, the only one's I want back are Hightower, Cannon, Vitale, maybe Lee? The rest can walk. Chung was a great player and leader, but we have Duggan now who is bigger, faster and cheaper and will only get better.
Not sure Cam is the guy.

OG Najee Toran (July 27)

I think I would take Lacosse back over Izzo. Preferably neither of them and they actually get somebody with talent (or Asiasi develops)

I don’t really see Keene as a traditional tight end. I think he’s going to be versatile useful, but I don’t took Hes a guy that’s gonna get you 60 catches with good blocking on the edge. I feel like he’s gonna be an H-back

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I think I would take Lacosse back over Izzo. Preferably neither of them and they actually get somebody with talent (or Asiasi develops)

I don’t really see Keene as a traditional tight end. I think he’s going to be versatile useful, but I don’t took Hes a guy that’s gonna get you 60 catches with good blocking on the edge. I feel like he’s gonna be an H-back
Good point about LaCosse, Izzo just does not have what it takes to be a decent starter.
I would like to see Keene get into some games when he is healthy.

Reactions: CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sign some good UFA's.
Not sure Cam is the guy.

OG Najee Toran (July 27)
They arent tanking.so.enough with that. They may not be making the playoffs, but they can use this season to build for next season. Dolphins did it last season

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Think Newtons got that post Covid brain fog they are now talking about. Some talk about how he wasn't up to speed mentally after his illness. Some of the side effects I am sure will take even longer to identify never mind get over.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Think Newtons got that post Covid brain fog they are now talking about. Some talk about how he wasn't up to speed mentally after his illness. Some of the side effects I am sure will take even longer to identify never mind get over.

With the exception of the Denver and San Fran games, cam has been playing the same or better than he did pre-covid, so while it makes for a convenient excuse, it's not based on anything more than wishful thinking.

Cam is still a great athlete. He just isn't a very good/accurate passer.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The worst Patriots nightmare fuel is Josh McDaniels taking over someday | Boston.com

We get it. Tom Brady made McDaniels look good because of his mystical, plant-based protein power. Maybe that’s partly the case. Because the way he’s handled an offense with Newton suggests that McDaniels might not be able to progress past the Duplo stage of building blocks.

The guy has looked lost, for the most part, with his new toy in Newton, after years of (presumably) pulling the strings on an offense that Brady led to such success. Yet, after watching Brady in Tampa Bay this season, albeit with a host of weapons that are like Bambi vs. Godzilla compared to the Patriots, one has to wonder just how qualified McDaniels is for his position.

Oh, by the way. Remember this was the guy many assumed to be in line for the head coaching position in New England?

Cue shivers.

This is something that should have already concerned us, based on the fact that McDaniels failed in Denver and St. Louis, not to mention that he once drafted Tim Freaking Tebow in the first round of the NFL Draft. Even then, New Englanders seemed more intent to bury their heads in the sand when it came to McDaniels’s outside transgressions when it came to looking at the long-term plan in New England.

Well, here we are.

How good do you think they feel in Indianapolis this week? The Colts nearly got stuck with the Patriots offensive stiff before settling for Frank Reich, who has managed to lead his team to an AFC South-leading 7-3. The fact that McDaniels ditched them is looking more and more like a feather in their wild card banner-waving cap these days. Ah, those were the days, giggling at the rivals for thinking they could have stripped the Patriots of one of their finest assets.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Sign some good UFA's.
Not sure Cam is the guy.

OG Najee Toran (July 27)

Something worthy of note: the Steelers went 6-10 in the season they got the pick to take Roethlisberger. Just saying.

Reactions: CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Stop with the COVID fog crap. The wheels were starting to come off with Newton during the Raiders game when he threw that bowling shoe ugly pick right to the defense.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They should have won yesterday if it wasn’t for the play calling and defense.

It is mystifying to me why they would go away from Harris

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

He must have had it since he was a rookie. This guy is what he is.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Rex Grossman played in a super bowl, if you have a great team sometimes average qbs sneak into the super bowl. The 49ers had the best TE in the league, great running game and o-line play with a good defense, they had all the pieces besides QB to win the super bowl. Jimmy G is so good that his coach only let him throw the ball 27 times in their first two playoff games and then his team lost the super bowl because he stunk up the joint in the 4th quarter.

How much of that is Jimmy G though? Because Kyle Shanahan has now lost multiple times in a super bowl after taking the the game out of the hands of his QB. As far as I'm concerned, Kyle Shanahan is the albatross holding a team like the Niners back. He purposely tries to ram a square peg into a round hole.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I don’t get it. Why do we want them to make the playoffs?

So that way the team doesn't fall to shit and becomes like every other suck bag team the past decade who, after they are finished tanking, have an inability to not choke in big moments and so Bill can destroy that dick head Don Shula's win record to spite every single remaining member of the f***ing 72 Dolphins.

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
The worst Patriots nightmare fuel is Josh McDaniels taking over someday | Boston.com

We get it. Tom Brady made McDaniels look good because of his mystical, plant-based protein power. Maybe that’s partly the case. Because the way he’s handled an offense with Newton suggests that McDaniels might not be able to progress past the Duplo stage of building blocks.

The guy has looked lost, for the most part, with his new toy in Newton, after years of (presumably) pulling the strings on an offense that Brady led to such success. Yet, after watching Brady in Tampa Bay this season, albeit with a host of weapons that are like Bambi vs. Godzilla compared to the Patriots, one has to wonder just how qualified McDaniels is for his position.

Oh, by the way. Remember this was the guy many assumed to be in line for the head coaching position in New England?

Cue shivers.

This is something that should have already concerned us, based on the fact that McDaniels failed in Denver and St. Louis, not to mention that he once drafted Tim Freaking Tebow in the first round of the NFL Draft. Even then, New Englanders seemed more intent to bury their heads in the sand when it came to McDaniels’s outside transgressions when it came to looking at the long-term plan in New England.

Well, here we are.

How good do you think they feel in Indianapolis this week? The Colts nearly got stuck with the Patriots offensive stiff before settling for Frank Reich, who has managed to lead his team to an AFC South-leading 7-3. The fact that McDaniels ditched them is looking more and more like a feather in their wild card banner-waving cap these days. Ah, those were the days, giggling at the rivals for thinking they could have stripped the Patriots of one of their finest assets.

More diarrhea of the keyboard from Eric Wilbur

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->