HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-11-22_16-55-45.png

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Rex Grossman played in a super bowl, if you have a great team sometimes average qbs sneak into the super bowl. The 49ers had the best TE in the league, great running game and o-line play with a good defense, they had all the pieces besides QB to win the super bowl. Jimmy G is so good that his coach only let him throw the ball 27 times in their first two playoff games and then his team lost the super bowl because he stunk up the joint in the 4th quarter.
Ok Cam Newton is better. I think we should sign him to a five year deal.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm still not ready to give up the hopes of them sneaking into the playoffs. Its still mathematically possible so I'm gunna roll with it. I expected them to lose to Bmore and win against the Texans. It was flipped, but I'm still riding with this team. 2020 has been crazy enough. I'm not giving up on them sneaking in.

Reactions: GabeTravels

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Flacco honestly doesn’t look as bad as he should look with this line and this supporting cast at his age. Great deep ball still

I’d rather eat dog puke than start him on my football team but still

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh it’s over, the defense allows way too many chunk plays and reinforcements are not on their way

The team is just way too up and down

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Oh it’s over, the defense allows way too many chunk plays and reinforcements are not in their way

The team is just way too up and down

Its 2020. Anything can happen. Its not over until its impossible. Right now, its not. So ill keep hoping and watching.

If this team gets a top 10 pick and Bill trades it away for 2nds and 3rds and futures I will be beyond pissed

Which is why tanking was never the option. Even if, IF we get a top pick, I dont trust Bill enough to make the right picks

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I still expect Goodell to institute the 16-team playoff because it'll shamelessly make money, so it'll at least keep them in the hunt until the end of the year.

Reactions: CDJ and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I still expect Goodell to institute the 16-team playoff because it'll shamelessly make money, so it'll at least keep them in the hunt until the end of the year.

Well this year is so bizarre I say do it. I dont even care. I want chaos. I want the Pats in. I want complete madness.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Its 2020. Anything can happen. Its not over until its impossible. Right now, its not. So ill keep hoping and watching.

Which is why tanking was never the option. Even if, IF we get a top pick, I dont trust Bill enough to make the right picks

:: Patriots tank and earn #1 pick ::

ESPN announcer: And the Patriots are on the clock. Trevor Lawrence, regarded as the best QB prospect of his generation, is on the board and the Pats have a glaring need for a future franchise Quarterback. And here comes Roger Goodell to announce the pick.

Goodell: I have a trade to announce. The New England Patriots have traded the first overall selection along with their 2021 7th round pick to the Chicago Bears for this year's second round pick, a 2022 first round pick, third round picks in 2022 and 2024, and a 2021 6th round pick.

:later during press conference:
Mike Reiss: Bill, can you explain your thought process on that trade?

Bill Belichick: Well it was good draft value for us. If you look at the draft chart, what we gave up was worth 3161 points of value, but the picks we got back combined for 3180 points. So it's something we felt confident in doing.

Reiss: Did you consider keeping the pick?

Belichick: We consider all options and just felt we made the right football decision.

Reiss: But Trevor Lawrence is the best QB in the draft since Andrew Luck, why wouldn't you take him?

Belichick: I just answered that question. Next question.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
:: Patriots tank and earn #1 pick ::

ESPN announcer: And the Patriots are on the clock. Trevor Lawrence, regarded as the best QB prospect of his generation, is on the board and the Pats have a glaring need for a future franchise Quarterback. And here comes Roger Goodell to announce the pick.

Goodell: I have a trade to announce. The New England Patriots have traded the first overall selection along with their 2021 7th round pick to the Chicago Bears for this year's second round pick, a 2022 first round pick, third round picks in 2022 and 2024, and a 2021 6th round pick.

:later during press conference:
Mike Reiss: Bill, can you explain your thought process on that trade?

Bill Belichick: Well it was good draft value for us. If you look at the draft chart, what we gave up was worth 3161 points of value, but the picks we got back combined for 3180 points. So it's something we felt confident in doing.

Reiss: Did you consider keeping the pick?

Belichick: We consider all options and just felt we made the right football decision.

Reiss: But Trevor Lawrence is the best QB in the draft since Andrew Luck, why wouldn't you take him?

Belichick: I just answered that question. Next question.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I didn't watch the replays but at first glance it looked like the Pollard hit on Brady

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad