Confirmed with Link: Patrik Nemeth signed

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Very decent and steady bottom pairing defenseman. Should not touch 2nd pairing, but if he is played correctly you'll like him as he is a true warrior. He doesn't really have good puck skills but very good on penalty kill and with ~15-17 minutes / night he'll do a good job. Playoffs is his time, he ended up healthy scratch but that was only because Makar took his spot. Nothing wrong with Nemeth's play and he would had deserved to play but the spots were taken.

He will ice the puck multiple times / night tho. And it will drive you crazy eventually.

The Wings do that enough as is, so he'll fit right in...no worries!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
According to Avs fans (just asked) he loves icing the puck, so he will fit in fine on our team!

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Nobody is bringing up that DeKeyser is the only guy signed in 2020-2021, and Hronek and Cholowski will have less than 2 years of experience. Seider and McIsaac won't be ready.
This year we're looking at:

DeKeyser - Green
Kronwall - Hronek
Nemeth - Ericsson/Daley

Bowey, Cholowski, and Kaski in the AHL.

2021:

DeKeyser - Hronek
Cholowski - ???
Nemeth - ???

Bowey, Kaski, Lindstrom, Seider, McIsaac compete for two top 6 spots plus a scratch spot, or Nemeth is a scratch.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Is this what we’re doing? Going to default on the believe in Yzerplan every time a questionable move is made?

I mean yeah I have faith in him but blind trust doesn’t work even if he knows more than we do

Nor does complaining or raving about every single move.

From Fire Holland to Fire Yzerman in record time

Reactions: NickH8

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Is this what we’re doing? Going to default on the believe in Yzerplan every time a questionable move is made?

I mean yeah I have faith in him but blind trust doesn’t work even if he knows more than we do

It's not blind trust, he signed an experienced defensemen who is still young to a short term contract. Our defense could be very young next year if we continue with the injury problems and we likely will since a few of those players are question marks. Little to no risk on this contract... Blind Trust would be signing Gardiner to big money and hoping we somehow became a good team.

I was just stating Yzerman isn't a rookie GM, he built a great team in Tampa and has mentored under Holland before. He has a vision, and worrying about small moves like this would be a waste of time in my opinion.... If he was throwing out huge blank cheques than I'd worry.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is everyone so sure Cholowski has absolutely no chance to make our team this year? He played over 50 games, and while he slowed down, he wasn't terrible by any stretch. He played at least decently in GR in the 25 or so games, and playoffs. I think he should be at least in charge of whether he makes it this year, and by that I mean he plays well in training camp again. Obviously with all our vets it looks likely he will be in GR to start, but everyone is speaking with such certainty on this. Really, I think he should already have a spot locked in.

Reactions: Reddwit

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At least one of Kronwall, Green or Ericsson wont play this year, could be 2 of them. Come trade deadline it could be 3 of them.

Nothing wrong with this for 2 years, at 27 he still has some room to grow too

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd rather just have Kronwall for the year.

For the folks worrying about next year, we could work Cholo, Hronek, and even Seider (depending on where he goes, NA or DEL) in throughout the course of the season, giving them games as guys get hurt. They all get 40+ games in, then step in next year with a bit of experience under their belt. Sign a UFA or two next summer to supplement around them, and there you go. We really didn't need to sign a D for more than one year.

Reactions: Frk It

Bandito

Jun 21, 2019
Lots of uncertainty on the blue line after Hronek and Dekeyser. Realistically could see any of Kronwall, Daley, Ericsson, and Green retired/missing significant time next season.

Reactions: Reddwit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad