Value of: Patrik Laine

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Isnt this a Patrick laine thread... how come there is so much Matthews talk... he has like 40 other threads.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Kessell has two cups with Pittburgh.
Great pick up by the Pens after Toronto ran him out of town.

I wonder when Matthews will go to Arizona to play for the Coyotes.
That would be his dream.

Clearly me stating fundamental hockey facts about the value of a franchise centre vs all star winger makes you angry on a personal level that you resort to troll level replies.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Laine has a great shot, but Matthews still scores more... and has probably one of the most deceptive shots in the league.
I believe the difference is timing. Laine seems to take longer to get the shot off which is potentially harder than Matthews but the speed of the release is important because goalies has less a chance to react to it. Matthews is also good at getting the shot off even when checked. 5 on 5 I think Matthews is more deadly but Laine should be more on PP but he just has not caught on fire this year on the PP yet like he used to do. I think Laine need to learn how to score not just with the one timer. I remember that Stamkos had a great one timer earlier in his career but then later he learned to score in many other ways including going hard to front of the net and score on his belly. Goals does not always has to be pretty but has to be timely.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I believe the difference is timing. Laine seems to take longer to get the shot off which is potentially harder than Matthews but the speed of the release is important because goalies has less a chance to react to it. Matthews is also good at getting the shot off even when checked. 5 on 5 I think Matthews is more deadly but Laine should be more on PP but he just has not caught on fire this year on the PP yet like he used to do. I think Laine need to learn how to score not just with the one timer. I remember that Stamkos had a great one timer earlier in his career but then later he learned to score in many other ways including going hard to front of the net and score on his belly. Goals does not always has to be pretty but has to be timely (Right place Right time).

Laine is competitive and I believe he will learn and get better. He is not entirely one dimensional but his line mates will always matter.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Good think that you are not Chevy.
Laine is happy to be in Winnipeg.

Matthews would run back to Arizona to the american team he loves.
Where did I say he was unhappy? We were discussing whether Laine was better than A. Matthews. He is not. I think Chevy would agree with me.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Im like scrolling through pages of this thread. Curious about Laine's value .

All i see is Matthew is better than Laine :huh:

I think his value is 8 to10M a year.

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: snake schneibler

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Im like scrolling through pages of this thread. Curious about Laine's value .

All i see is Matthew is better than Laine :huh:

I think his value is 8 to10M a year.

:D
You would have had to skip a a lot of the thread to only notice that one fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad