Player Discussion: Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Last one hit a thousand. Only fitting to have that happen before a Stars game.

The warnings from prior threads remain in place. Violating the rules equals a swift removal from the discussion. Refrain from discussing line combos in this thread; other threads exist for that.

Reactions: Hunter368

GGSmitty

Sep 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I believe he has 14 goals in 9 games vs Dallas. That puts him at a 1.55 goal ave per game. Can he keep pace?

He is going to probably see quite a bit of Heiskanen tonight. Some FIN vs FIN action! Should make for an exciting night.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Ares

May 8, 2018

200.gif

Reactions: Past Considerations

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Half the thread has been deleted already. FFS - it has been one day, and we're running into the same issues than last year.

If you wish that this thread remains open, trying to hijack it is not the smartest idea.

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and Neuf

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
This is true and it for sure caused a lot of players to kinda never get into the flow of the game. I'll eat a plastic bag if Laine plays with Scheifele this season.

Laine looked good tonight, especially in the first - if he continues to improve his "complete" game, he may get that shot with Scheif.

I'm one of his more vocal critics but I liked his puck possession effort last night - he won a couple of battles in the first that were impressive.

Will this impress Maurice enough to move him up eventually? Maybe, especially if it continues.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Was there some kind of skirmish betbeen Laine and Lindell? Viasat had Dallas announcer in it`s feed and they said there was some kind of struggle out of the picture between the Finns?

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Was there some kind of skirmish betbeen Laine and Lindell? Viasat had Dallas announcer in it`s feed and they said there was some kind of struggle out of the picture between the Finns?
Yes there was a skirmish between them but it didnt escalate.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man

This Patrik Laine is awesome.

Its a blessing that Jets got him.

Generational snipers dont come often.

Just like Ovie also due to his being on top of the world on his shots. Other aspect of his game are being scrutinize more than normal.

Not many can do what he does the last 2 years as teenager. As a sniper forward his defensive awareness is ahead of players at that age.
His board battles? Most players are not even at the nhl to battle . Yes he lose some but he win some also.
To generate that much points last year, 70, the best Euro is mind boggling considering his ice time and deployment. Who he played with most of the year.
Man 70 points, at 19. Our Captain broke 70 2x before last year. Insane if you think about it closely.
Proper usage this kid is minimum ppg.
Never seen a teenager forward man a powerplay before from the point and make it that lethal.

Just hope his usage dont follow the trend of the last 2 games and last 2 years.

Laine will be the Jets best player sooner than later. Many outside observers are projecting the same from him. The young guy is doing the best that he can to be it . Now the coach need to give him the minutes.

Center is always the more important position than winger but his ceiling as goal scorer is sky high. Its the best in the planet ceiling kind of thing. With that ceiling conversation will be for one of the best in the games not just in the Jets team.

Go Laine
Go Jets Go

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If you want to discuss line combos or coaching take it to another thread. If you can’t follow very simply instructions you will be given a infraction or thread ban.

Finger is hovering over the infraction button.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Laine

The God of Thunder.

Hope someone can photoshop him as THOR wielding his mighty hammer!

Coach Maurice you got yourself a gem.
Use him!!!!!!!!

Nobody in the history of coaching have use this much talent in so little time.
And yet he has produced generational numbers relative to peers. Era adjusted or not.

Go Jets Go!!!!

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
Please. Give it a rest until more games are played. Playing time depends on many things. On Jets normal rotation Little-line is skipped to Lowry's, if the faceoff is from Winnipeg's end. Sometimes Little line has short shifts. In other games it will be better. [mod]

Great game by Laine, although I watched just half of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Please. Give it a rest until more games are played. Playing time depends on many things. On Jets normal rotation Little-line is skipped to Lowry's, if the faceoff is from Winnipeg's end. Sometimes Little line has short shifts. In other games it will be better. [mod]

Great game by Laine, although I watched just half of it.

What are you talking about?
This doesnt go just 2 games. :laugh:

Sample size is big already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scheifelaine

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
What are you talking about?
This doesnt go just 2 games. :laugh:

Sample size is big already.
Last season it all worked quite nice for jets. With poor management they would have not got so many points. Bulky teen Laine played enough for this team. This season Laine will play more.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
:laugh: Other thread closed - after you did all that searching and after I wrote this response, so put it here.

Damn you for making me hunt for it. You have more posts than a Texas cattle ranch fence.

Here, this is the one I was thinking of, although upon re-reading, perhaps you were having a bit more fun with it than I remembered.

Kristian Vesalainen [Update: Signed ELC]

Didn't mean to put you to that much trouble.
Look at the 3rd paragraph in that post. I believe that supports what I said earlier. I haven't complained about Ehlers being used on the right side. I don't like that line. I don't like Ehlers on it, but not because he is on the right side.

If you want to do another search, you will find posts where I have advocated playing Dano on his off side. He has not taken well to being required to play the left side. Therefore a coach should accept the reality and play him where he is able to perform. Both Ehlers and Laine have played their conventional sides successfully.

I don't think Laine is ready to play on the left yet. I want to see his 2 way game improve further first. But if he is not succeeding on the right after a little more time passes, I would move him to the left. Based on the success he has already had, I don't think that will be a problem.

Once fully adapted he will be able to play wherever he is most needed or most successful.

Reactions: Laine Fan

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think laine is ready to play anywhere. The first two games this year he looks really good offensively and defensively. Like as good as anyone on the team. He needs ice time now.

He looks to have taken another step. I'm not sure any of our forwards outside of the Lowry line have played well defensively. I'd like to see more of him on the right. I wouldn't argue too strongly against your statement that he is ready though. I just want to see a little more.

That said, we have a lot more LWs than RWs. He is needed more on the right.

Reactions: LowLefty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad