Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Crazy good! :scared: Two, two, two toe-drags in one! ;)

That was f***ing ridiculous. Completely effortless as well.

GIF-Amused-Charlton-Heston-haha-laugh-LOL-GIF.gif

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
What impressed me was his explosive first stride last night. He is separating himself from other players now carrying the puck. That wasn't happening earlier in the season.
Exactly this, his burst is night and day from the first half, he's attacking from so many more places.

I could get used to watching this for the next 15 years!! So much confidence.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
What impressed me was his explosive first stride last night. He is separating himself from other players now carrying the puck. That wasn't happening earlier in the season.
Yep. I thought the same thing. He's really bearing down and getting on his horse...

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He was already an insanely talented player before. What is now happening is a combination of many things going right for him at the moment. Legs and body finally getting adjusted to his hard summer training (main focus was exactly explosiveness to leg muscles and better stamina), getting more suitable linemates to play with, getting more experience of which things work and which don’t work in the NHL and finally getting the always extremely important confidence for a young player, through getting all these things happening that support a young talent to get on a roll.

We, whom have seen Laine play a lot of games in Liiga and for the Finnish national teams, have known already for a few years that he is an INSANELY talented individual. And even still despite of that, he has so far mostly even exceeded the expectations that I have had on him as a massive fan of his talent.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Let's have a moment of silence for Saad's career. A big old Finnish bloke came and ended it.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hope when the team locks up 2nd place.
Coach Pau helps Laine to break some more records.

This season is quietly is one for the ages.

Laine’s record-setting teenage point streak might not be last milestone for sophomore sniper | The Hockey News

Last yeaf during latter part of the year when teaM was out of it, i thought Mau could have pushed it more to maximize Laine chance of winning the Calder.
Though ofcourse at the end of the day its the player that needs to push the cart. The last 15 games killwd Laine's chance of winning it.

Anyways go jets go.
#generational :)

Reactions: Rene Saari

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Laine's body is catching up to his mind and skill. Luvvit. :nod:

Yup he’s feeling it now and starting to get it. His confidence is much higher and that is making the world of difference. He is reading the game better and just reacting without thinking now.

Reactions: FinnJet and Ducky10

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm not expecting Laine to score 70 goals in a year, as there are too many factors involve.

But i'm waiting for Laine to score 5 GOALS in a GAME.

Someone will be very happy if he did that....

Reactions: 1OApick

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm not expecting Laine to score 70 goals in a year, as there are too many factors involve.

But i'm waiting for Laine to score 5 GOALS in a GAME.

Someone will be very happy if he did that....

It would be impossible to score 70 in today's scoring climate. If they ever call PP's like they should it's for sure doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad