Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Lol, I love Laine's attitude, especially lately. He can give it pretty good, doesn't seem to take shit from anyone and likes to let guys know he's coming.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I like when he did the drive by beside the net and chirped something at Rinne when he was down. I'd love to know what he said, Rinne seemed to whip his head around pretty quickly.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
...and Rinne is one hell (cool) of the goalie (even by traditionally high Finnish goal keeping-standards).

Sort of childhood's end ritual... :laugh: (Patty was goalie once, we know.)

Excellent photo.

Reactions: Ippenator

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I think Laine has developed his game enough to be a legit first liner. He looked extremely good against Nashville’s top line while being on the top line himself (at least the Wheeler line was marked as the first). He looked strong, physical, smart with the puck and well positioned defensively. Did not give up on plays either, and seemed like he can take the minutes. The kid is maturing nicely.

Edit: Apparently he played well over 20 mins, the second most after Wheeler. But then again he’s pretty much been carrying the team as of late. Those are some well deserved minutes.

Last edited:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
On a better day he would have scored two goals from those chances even if probably not even one of them was a regular high-scoring chance. He's looked imposing these past last weeks and is coming strong at the verge of the playoffs. Really really good signs for the Jets. Now everyone just needs to get healthy.

Shaibu

Nov 12, 2016
I like when he did the drive by beside the net and chirped something at Rinne when he was down. I'd love to know what he said, Rinne seemed to whip his head around pretty quickly.
Maybe he told him about World Cup 2016.

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
This is amazing. IIRC it was during the play. D had the puck behind the net.

IMG_0681.jpg

I always here people flacking Laine for being shorter than 6’5”... Rinne is apparently 6’5” as well, Laine looks like he’s farther away and atleast 2 inches taller too with a hunched back... I think it’s fair to assume he actually is 6’5”.

Phosphophyllite

Mar 15, 2016
宝石の国
I always here people flacking Laine for being shorter than 6’5”... Rinne is apparently 6’5” as well, Laine looks like he’s farther away and atleast 2 inches taller too with a hunched back... I think it’s fair to assume he actually is 6’5”.

Well you have to take into account that player skates are different than goalie skates, giving him atleast an extra inch, and on top of that Rinne is standing with his legs spread there. Bad picture to use when making a judgement on height...

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Well you have to take into account that player skates are different than goalie skates, giving him atleast an extra inch, and on top of that Rinne is standing with his legs spread there. Bad picture to use when making a judgement on height...

Yeah that’s all true, I’m not saying Laine is taller than 6’5” but that height differential there makes it look as if he is near 6’5” .

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Patrik Laine's goals according Finnish tabloid Iltasanomat: Chicagon supertähti Jonathan Toews tutki tilastoja ja hämmästyi – tässä asiassa Patrik Laine eroaa kaikista muista

fafbbd8f65454735988a2ecbc092a1b2.jpg.webp

Blue = wrist shot
Green = one-timer/slap shot
Ring around a dot = power play goal
Violet square = deflection

(2) Empty-netters doesn't included to the chart

The Finnish article is partial translation/similar to these articles:
Patrik Laine, the Jets' teen scoring sensation, impresses Blackhawks
Blackhawks impressed by Winnipeg's high-flying Laine

Last edited:

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Patrik Laine's goals according Finnish tabloid Iltasanomat: Chicagon supertähti Jonathan Toews tutki tilastoja ja hämmästyi – tässä asiassa Patrik Laine eroaa kaikista muista

fafbbd8f65454735988a2ecbc092a1b2.jpg.webp

Blue = wrist shot
Green = one-timer/slap shot
Ring around a dot = power play goal
Violet square = deflection

(2) Empty-netters doesn't included to the chart

The Finnish article is partial translation/similar to this article: Patrik Laine, the Jets' teen scoring sensation, impresses Blackhawks
Great share ! Here is a link to the original article in the Chicago Tribune.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Crazy good! :scared: Two, two, two toe-drags in one! ;)

That is filthy. During the game Patrik showed some great stickhandling skills on a few other plays as well, e.g. when he kept the inside the blue line while fighting of a check. He really seems to have leveled up and play with a lot more confidence in tight quarters. The timing couldn't be better with the play offs just around the corner :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That is filthy. During the game Patrik showed some great stickhandling skills on a few other plays as well, e.g. when he kept the inside the blue line while fighting of a check. He really seems to have leveled up and play with a lot more confidence in tight quarters. The timing couldn't be better with the play offs just around the corner :D

What impressed me was his explosive first stride last night. He is separating himself from other players now carrying the puck. That wasn't happening earlier in the season.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What impressed me was his explosive first stride last night. He is separating himself from other players now carrying the puck. That wasn't happening earlier in the season.

Nothing like watching a young kid grow into his frame. I think he's finally starting to adjust to the weight he added in the off-season: we're now getting glimpses of the dominant player he'll most likely turn into (even beyond his crazy shot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->